Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "spot blocken" the shore guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    I bet you'll give shore anglers a little more space now ?
    Glad you guys kissed and made up.

The idea is not to hit the boat or people but to send a warning. Yes it works. Legal too.
    Maybe not a SW lure at DVL. It comes down to who was there first and why infringe on someones space ?
    I practice this at King Harbor. Stand up paddleboards and yaks. One needs to establish there fishing space.
    If there is a hot babe on a SUP then she gets a free pass.
    It is the same as the old tall ship era.
    ' Fire a warning shot across the bow '

Yup, nothing worse than a WSB bite shut down due to a Bozo dropping anchor.
    Shut down the bite for a couple hours. This is common in the ocean.
    DR
    DOCKRAT , I saw a shore fisherman get bent at a fisherman in a boat at Corona lake . He cursed him then put on a big weight and casts over the boat laying the line across the boat. The guys in the boat cut the line and laughed . So he
    tried it again, this time he nailed a kid in the chest . The guy immediately apologized saying he was just trying to send a message . The boys Father said nothing and pulled up his anchor and headed back to the ramp . I was fairly close by
    and and saw the guys face as he past by me holding his boy . It was easy to tell the apology was not accepted . He loaded
    his boat onto the trailer then parked it at the store . Meanwhile the shore guy was laughing and bragging how he
    made the guy leave . The boys Father about 30 minutes later came walking up behind him as he sat in his lawn chair.
    He then kicked the A-hole in the butt so hard it launched the guy into water and went in after him . I watched as
    Mr shore guys teeth flew into the water after the first punch . He was then dragged to shore and as he lay on the shore
    he got both hands stomped breaking several fingers and bones . This happened in less then 10 seconds . The guys buddy
    then decided to jump on the angry Fathers back. Bad mistake, he was flipped to the ground and then had a fishing pole busted over his face...reel first taking all the fight out of him . The last thing that happened was every fishing pole in their
    area was broken to pieces and all their gear, tackle etc was thrown into the lake . Then the guy ran back to his rig and left
    the lake. When the Sheriff came nobody said they saw anything other than the guy hitting a kid with a fishing weight .
    I guess a stronger message was sent .

Until that day I admit I had cast a line more then once as "message" during a "territory" dispute . I would never do it again after that day I learned a vicarious lesson . The boys Father was probably 75 to 100 pounds smaller then Mr shore guy
    so size was not a factor . The guy and his boy still fish Corona all though they stayed away for a season . He is actually
    a very nice guy . He is an Army Ranger who did two tours in Afghanistan and had only been discharged 8 months before
    the incident at the lake .

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!
    You mean like kicking over a guys bucket that has legal largemouth in it? I guess it wouldn't be quite the same your kid vs. a couple yucky tasting LMB's but the same principal applies, talk tough act tough get your butt kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    First tell them, "Mind backing off? If I can cast into your boat you're too close bud, please move down." If that's met with a hostile response or is ignored, then it's time to send the message across a bit more clearly. I carry a modified Tady 45 for this purpose. Bust the hook of a Tady 45, and sling it into the side of their boats when they pull stunts like that. People back off pretty quick once you cast over them, and then chip/ding their $$$ gel coat/fiberglass on the shiny new bass boat.
    Wow, not very sound advise. I am both a boat and shore fisher, so I have been on both ends of the stick. It is not a good idea to launch anything at anyone on shore or boat in any situation. If it were to happen to me it would be considered a hostile act and nothing good comes from that. If you hit my boat, then you just committed vandalism and I will be sure you know the price of Gel Coat repairs or worse. God forbid you hit anyone on my boat, as that is battery, or worse since peolpe have died from being hit by sinkers and I will be sure you pay the price for that as well and that is about the same as firing a weapon in my direction which could result in return fire. Bottom line, do not ever throw or cast anyting at anyone or their property, no matter how mas you may be that they jacked your spot or cramped your space. If anyone thinks that a fish or even worse a fishing spot is worth a life then you might want to re-think that!

Eddie

Sorry you throw a lure at me ,youre asking for trouble ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

thats a fact Bob!!! Someone ever throws something at me...I will make them eat it!! Then theyd get arrested!!! Throwing something at someone is really bad advice... Its funny where this thread has gone...especially since me and Rich let it go after literally a few hours. Nothing was thrown, just a couple choice words on each side..thats it..over and done with..and in the past. But its funny how people try to twist it, turn it, egg it on etc etc.. Its over people...Anybody catch any fish lately???

Pete

One should never underestimate what lengths a pissed off Bass Boater will do to get revenge on a shore angler that throws at him. Your not safe because your on land and he is in the water anymore. lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ike.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	40189

Default bsp you are an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Like I said, it's used to get the message across when polite, civil language doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I come from party/private boat fishing on the saltwater scene and that tactic is used FREQUENTLY when one boat is infringing on your bite, be it anchored up for WSB at the islands or drifting for paddies off shore. It clearly demonstrates that somebody is too close if you can reach their boat/lines with a cast. You never sling irons at people, just use them to make a point that somebody is too close by using them to reach out and touch their boat or casting over their lines.

I have had morons in boats buzz by and kill a decent deadstick bite, slice a bait off that I'm working on a long cast, and all around wreck the experience. Gotta love the guys that laugh, retrieve your bait, wave it at you, and take off again. Fellow shore anglers can screw things up, but it's a hell of a lot less frequent. I've seen much fewer gracious boaters than I have morons who think blasting around the lake with no regard for shore anglers is a fantastic idea. Level of patience for boaters is basically zilch at this point for me, so I'll admit that has influenced my opinion.

On a serious note, feel free to PM me if you honestly want to discuss this further. Pete and MWD Rich have worked this out, so this topic is beating a dead horse at this point.
    Anybody who does dumb stuff like this is clearly an idiot that can't communicate like an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    One should never underestimate what lengths a pissed off Bass Boater will do to get revenge on a shore angler that throws at him. Your not safe because your on land and he is in the water anymore. lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ike.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	40189
    Lol, oh the lengths Ike will go to to demonstrate the ruggedness of his Basscat and Yamaha rig. His sponsors should be proud. He was pulled off the bank and carried on his day like nothing happened...

Pete, yes, was out Friday for a short day and boated several nice fish including a 6-5 post spawner on a spinner...

Try fishing the lake from a kayak. Many times I've been split with just 50' between me and shore. Here comes mr. bassman fatass sitting on his trolling stoll in his outfit that matches his boat, into the cove, along the shore, right past me without so much as a look, dragging my line. Some people are just asses. Most are cool, but it's that 10%.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234