Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "spot blocken" the shore guys!!!

I think Pete should have grabbed one of his rods with 65 lb braid and tied on a big jig or swim bait and start chucking it over MWD RICH's lines.

Seriously MWD RICH, u should watch a pro bass tourney on tv one day cause I've seen pro anglers fishing in canals right next to a main hwy with lots of people standing there watching.

As long as the boaters use proper etiquette they deserve to use the entire lake plus many times the boaters on the lake are in a tourney and need every ounce of bass they can get.

-b

I dont want to go round and round with this ,if im in the back of a cove and have 180deg of water to work until a boat comes and take 40deg away ,then cuts in front of me well with in my casting range .them im going to say something(i might have been to strog in the delevery) but something defiantly needed to be sead.the funny this is like 7 other boats came by and gave me plenty of room ,this post was not to find ways to chuck gear at people and this was not a tournament , just to say give us shore guys some room . Theres a lot of lake out there.

I am so glad there are no boat zones and 5mph zones at Silverwood. Personally I'd bet Pete did nothing wrong but there are a lot of other uneducated and rude boaters out there that do not have the same mindset and when it comes to boaters vs. shore anglers the boaters always win.

Me I'll just move on when things become too crowded, I don't go fishing to get pissed off, there are too many other things in life to get pissed off about I go fishing to get away from that BS.

its all good guys. we all pay the same fee's, we target the same stupid pay per pound fish, and we all have our own hurdles to jump on the water. where its legal for a boat to access; there will always be boats. as a shore angler it can suck when a boat comes in on an area you're fishing, and as a boater it sucks when the shore angler talks crap when you're in that boat honestly trying to be respectful. each party is going to feel in the right and each party is going to be blind sided. 80% of the boaters may have a clue, but that 20% is what gives the majority a bad rep.

ive been yelled at plenty of times for dragging c rigs in the middle of the 3rd cove while guys fished the shoreline. in my mind i wasnt doing a damn thing wrong. to the guys getting pissed, i was spooking the fish on the bank... no way around it.

this has been and will always be a lose/lose situation. it sucks, but very true.
    Last edited by Matt_Magnone; 03-30-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Me and Rich talked on PM and its water under the bridge... we both agreed we both could have handled it a bit different... end of story... lets get back to fishing!!!

Here here!

Fished Friday till about 2. Only got 9 fish but two of them were about five pounds. Got em on senkos/four pound flouro in the outer part of Rawson's. got a couple smaller fish on DS PB&J baby brush hogs. Been trying to get into squarebills. I am trying to force myself to fish new techniques. I've been throwing bluegill and sexy shad colors on 10 pound flouro. I usually chuck em first thing in the morning for at least an hour before I get discouraged and go to my confidence baits, jigs and plastics. Don't know if I should be paralleling the bank, angling out at a 45 or fishing em in open water off the bank a bit. Haven't got a single fish on em. I've tried different retrieve speeds, starting and stopping em. I might have a BPS cranking stick for sale soon. Any help on this topic would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

I have been a primarily shore angler for the last 10-15 years. I fish my tube a lot and on boats often as well. I will most likely get my own rig in the next 12-16 months.

The benefit of a boat is that you can easily be where the fish are. SOMETIMES those fish are close to the bank near shore anglers. Other times those fish are 40-50 feet deep and usually hard for the shore anglers to get on a wide open bite.

As long as a boat angler isn't deliberately crossing your line or tangling you up, RELAX!!! For all you know the fish react better to a downhill retrieve in that area, or the boat angler has better technique, etc...

Having the "WHOLE LAKE TO FISH" is irrelevant, boats usually have the capability to go where the fish are, end of story. Fish together, work together, keep water open to fishing.... in the end, these are just FISH.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Fished Friday till about 2. Only got 9 fish but two of them were about five pounds. Got em on senkos/four pound flouro in the outer part of Rawson's. got a couple smaller fish on DS PB&J baby brush hogs. Been trying to get into squarebills. I am trying to force myself to fish new techniques. I've been throwing bluegill and sexy shad colors on 10 pound flouro. I usually chuck em first thing in the morning for at least an hour before I get discouraged and go to my confidence baits, jigs and plastics. Don't know if I should be paralleling the bank, angling out at a 45 or fishing em in open water off the bank a bit. Haven't got a single fish on em. I've tried different retrieve speeds, starting and stopping em. I might have a BPS cranking stick for sale soon. Any help on this topic would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
    check the website out. a few months back i made a quick little video talking about the square bill a bit. hopefully its useful for you! scroll down and you'll see the video.

https://www.lastchancetackle.com/Pho...os/Videos.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by MWD RICH View Post
    I dont want to go round and round with this ,if im in the back of a cove and have 180deg of water to work until a boat comes and take 40deg away ,then cuts in front of me well with in my casting range .them im going to say something(i might have been to strog in the delevery) but something defiantly needed to be sead.the funny this is like 7 other boats came by and gave me plenty of room ,this post was not to find ways to chuck gear at people and this was not a tournament , just to say give us shore guys some room . Theres a lot of lake out there.
    for someone who works at the mwd ? i would think you know you dont own the shore. pete is a great guy and would not do something like this on purpose. and if you cant spell use spell check.. amazing the mwd would hire someone that cant spell " said " or "strong " ? and bad idea chucking a tady at someones boat... not only could you hurt someone, but you could be arrested as well. and it might get you a good *** whooping too... try that with a few of the dvl locals....and its only a matter of time, before you will be put in your place !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast