Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "spot blocken" the shore guys!!!

Default "spot blocken" the shore guys!!!

I JUST HAVE A GENERAL QUESTION FOR YOU BASS BOAT GUYS . WHY IS IT THAT ON A LAKE AS BIG AS DVL "SOME OF YOU" FEEL THE NEED TO PULL UP RIGHT IN FRONT OF US SHORE FISHERMAN. AND C**K BLOCK OUR SPOT ? $60K BASS BOAT , FISH FINDER , DEPTH FINDER, TROLLING MOTOR , (12) $1200 DOLLER ROD & REALS , BUT FOR SOME REASON MY SPOT MUST BE THE BEST ON THE LAKE, COUSE A LOT OF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO COME RIGHT IN 25 YARDS AWAY (PUNK IN A YELLOW SKEETER TODAY ). ILL SAY THIS A LITTLE RESPECT FOR THE SHORE GUY THAT WAS THERE FIRST WOULD GO A LONG WAY . ITS A BIG LAKE NO REASON TO SPOT BLOCK.

Did you say anything while he was doing it?

Surely I hope you didnt talk this way if you did.

You shoulda mentioned your feelings politely DURING the issue

First tell them, "Mind backing off? If I can cast into your boat you're too close bud, please move down." If that's met with a hostile response or is ignored, then it's time to send the message across a bit more clearly. I carry a modified Tady 45 for this purpose. Bust the hook of a Tady 45, and sling it into the side of their boats when they pull stunts like that. People back off pretty quick once you cast over them, and then chip/ding their $$$ gel coat/fiberglass on the shiny new bass boat.

I feel you man. You know the s___ they would give another bass boat for doing that. Were you in the back corner of the third walk in cove west of the marina? Had it happen to me a few times back in there as it's a good spot.

There is a chance they are unaware of etiquette. I have seen a bunch of ding dongs with nice boats on the water. I have been on the outside of a point fishing surgically and have had to tell a boater not to go inside of me. Too much money not enough sense.
    Last edited by Stinkbait; 03-29-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Yep that was me

Alright Im gonna chime in here because I was the "Punk in the Yellow Skeeter" today that you say "C**K BLOCKED YOUR SPOT".. The way you acted on the lake today was WAYYY over the line and out of control. Lets get the facts straight here... I started way out on the point of the cove you were in and slowly fished my way down the bank all the way to the back of the cove..300-400 yards away from you. When I came accross a shore angler I swung wide and went around, just as I was GOING to do for you about the time you started yelling and cussing at me. Whether you know it, or beleive it or not I had just told my clients to wait to cast until after we went around you. And at that point we were over 30 yards from you and when we caught a couple bass we were easily 40 yards from you. It is not your cove, you dont own it. We have just as much right to fish the cove as you do... We WERE NOT fishing on top of you...YOU WERE down the way from us. I ALWAYS SWING WIDE outside their casting distance when there is someone on shore AS I DID FOR YOU!!!..
    .Its respectful and the right thing to do. Maybe you got bothered because we caught a couple bass in that area but that gave you no right to be rude the way you were... As I said, I was about to swing wide and go around you when you told me to give you room. I was still way out of your casting distance and I told you that.. You made it very clear that us "Boaters with $60,000 bass boats need to go fish somewhere else because we have the whole lake to fish and that you shore anglers only have 3 miles of bank to fish. You said I should go fish somehere else and not fish that cove because you shore guys are fishing it.. HUH??? That cove is open to both shore guys and boat guys... I guarantee I wasnt the only boat in that cove today because after I left I saw 3 other boats go in there. Heres the bottom line.... We ANGLERS need to share the lake whether you like it or not..... I didnt motor into the cove and get right on your spot did I??? No I didnt...I fished that large cove from the very front all the way to the back and around it. The only time I stopped was to net a couple fish for my clients and also fish for a small bedfish that was easily 40 yards from where you were. I DO HAVE ETIQUETTE... I DO HAVE RESPECT for shore guys as well as boat guys.... Hell I was going to have respect for you and go around you.. When you started yelling at me I was easily over 30 yards from you. And I told you that on the water... You were way over the line in how you were cussing at me and saying the things you were. YOU LITERALLY told me that boaters shouldnt be fishing that cove because we have the whole lake to fish.... Thats out of line in my opinion. Right from the get go the second you opened your mouth you were rude.... You DID NOT JUST TELL ME TO GIVE YOU SOME SPACE because I would have apologized for making you feel crowded and moved on down the bank without saying a word...but you kept yelling and saying whatever you felt like saying and that was uncalled for..... YOU QUICKLY FOLLOWED THAT UP WITH ALOT of other RUDE comments.. I couldnt believe the way you were going off and neither could my cleints...one of which was almost 70 years old and the other was in his late 50s... Once we started argueing, both of us were in the wrong and I apologize for that but I was just reacting to how rude and pissed off you were being over something so petty... SHeeesh... We are all fishing..trying to have fun.. theres no need to get all pissed off. I later thought about it and I figured that you might have thought I was going to fish straight through where you were fishing BUT that wasnt going to be the case. If thats what you thought, Im sorry , but I wasnt gonna do that.. I WAS GONNA GO AROUND YOU and NOT MAKE A CAST IN FRONT OF YOU. I was simply gonna continue to make my way down and around the cove... I think we both over reacted today by how we both acted...It was lame. Im sorry I was working my way down the bank in a cove you were in... it happens. There shouldnt have been an arguement... There are areas on the lake where boaters and shore guys have to share the lake.... This is the first time Ive ever gotten into an arguement with a person fishing on shore.. I actually felt bad because I had no intention of ruining your morning and pissing you off.. Thats not how i am.. I will also go as far as saying that I may have gotten side tracked with my clients and not realized that I may have been making you feel squeezed in the "Area" you were fishing..but it was unintentional. Im gonna leave it at this and say I apologize.. I hope you can accept my apology.. tight lines!!
    Last edited by Pete Marino; 03-30-2013 at 04:40 AM.

Man hug OR ???

Much respect, it takes a big man to apologize. I'm still trying to get a partner to split the cost for a guided trip Pete. I met you at bass pro shop and very impressed with your professionalism, which why I'm sure all this was just an honest mistake.

I wouldn't apologize for the argument Pete.

When a grown man starts yapping the way Mwd rich is its in our DNA to tall back.

I gotta say from the get go Rich has handled this wrong. Too aggressive.

Whether he is right or not
    Last edited by cutbait; 03-30-2013 at 07:05 AM.

Doesnt this thread have all the makings of a Irvine thread?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast