Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 3/29 Perris in a Rental

Default 3/29 Perris in a Rental

Was the sixth car in line today. Rented. The motor was pretty strong for a rental.
    Started on south side of the east end. Pretty slow. I farmed about 4. I was not on my game today. Got corn holed on 12 lb in the sticks on a baby hawg in watermelon red flake. Got picked up 1-2 times on the Jackal flick shake wacky rigged with a neko. You can get those to do some crazy things nail weighted. No love on the jerk bait.

Most boats had 3-5 fish. A boat did pretty well on the rock piles slightly on the outside of me. Saw one blade fish. Heard a 5 and a 7 were caught. Beat the skunk on the DS, north side of main east end point. Little 1.5 lb fish. Haven't fished the lake from a boat before but have tubed and walked it when the water level was up. I blame the full moon.....
    Last edited by Stinkbait; 03-29-2013 at 08:31 PM.

NIce way to beat the skunk at least! Should get on the tube and hit that east side it's about to really turn on!

Question for the locals as I have been thinking about my farming sesh.

Some of the pickups were so solid on the hawg and wacky rigged jackals. I even let them taste it for a while with the hot sauce and swim away.

I have a hard time believing they spit it or I missed the set. With the gills and red ears going off, could it have been those picking me up and not bass? 2/0-3/0 wide gap EWG on the hawg. No bass gets off those.

Have the bass been non committal and finicky lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    Question for the locals as I have been thinking about my farming sesh.

Some of the pickups were so solid on the hawg and wacky rigged jackals. I even let them taste it for a while with the hot sauce and swim away.

I have a hard time believing they spit it or I missed the set. With the gills and red ears going off, could it have been those picking me up and not bass? 2/0-3/0 wide gap EWG on the hawg. No bass gets off those.

Have the bass been non committal and finicky lately?
    I think they are finnicky right now or something because I was out on Monday and had numerous short strikes that were undoubtedly fish but only got 3 to stick... there was one time where I was throwing at the same place for an hour getting just one hit every cast before finally landing a nice bass. From what I've been told one explanation might be that they are attacking while thebait goes through their nests and if they don't actually take it then they won't go back for it because they won't leave their nest. I'm not an expert though maybe someone with more knowledge can shed some light.