Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 03-29 Chicago Style

Default 03-29 Chicago Style

Well, I worked it out with Richard and his son Davis...and of course my boss so I could get Friday off to take them out on DVL to do a little fishing. We met up at DVL at about 6:30am. Unlike last Friday we were able to get on the water quick. Figured maybe I could pick up where I left off last Friday. Went over to the first spot, throwing the squarebills for no love, but saw lots of fish. Spun around and struggled to get a few on the dropshot. I lost a nice one in the trees.

Frustrated with the results, moved over just a little bit, and started with the squarebill again. No love, but after the fourth nice fish we drove over in about 10 minutes, we decided lets spin around and throw the dropshot on them. Well things started picking up. Davis and Richard started getting bit so I started to feel a bit better about myself. Now we didn't have quite the day we had last Friday, but we ended the day with 10 fish...Richard had 3, I managed 2, and Davis managed a limit, including a 5lb8oz, 4lb14oz, and three in the 1.5-2lb range. All in all, it was a fun day of fishing!

Talk about two outstanding people, it was an honor to take you fishing today. Richard and Davis, I hope this beats the weather you are about to fly back to! Richard, good luck on your first tourney next week, I just confirmed with my dad there is still ice on the Chain!

So all fish today came on
    Dropshot - 1/8 oz or 1/16 oz 4.5" aarons magic
    Ika (only one fish on this)

Some Proof!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	39891Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	39888Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-6.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	39889Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-8.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	39890

Good job getting those Illinois boys on some fish skatino. And good on you for making it happen for them altogether. Very cool...

Well done guys! Really big of you skatino...

Thanks for sharing!

very cool report man! thats how its done!

A BIG thank you goes out to skatino!! My son Davis and I had one of the best days on the water ever - both fishing wise and boater wise. Steve is a great guy who takes great interest in all aspects of bass fishing. Sometimes, and especially for my 15 year old Jr Bassmaster son who loves the sport of bass fishing as well, the company and hospitality of a well educated bass fisherman can be as enjoyable and fruitful as catching a ton of fish. Being from cold Chicago, our "window" for bass fishing is somewhat limited, so anytime my son has an opportunity to get on the water with someone - especially of Steve's knowledge - it turns out to always be a good thing. After our day on the water was done, Davis commented to me on the way home that he learned so much just from the several hours on the water with Steve that it seemed like he learned more that day than he has over the past several years. He was thrilled to have that opportunity and I know the whole event made quite an impression on him. Thanks again to Steve who couldn't have been a better host and teacher for the day!! Now I just wish the ice would melt off our Chicago lakes so we can get back out there!!