Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Lead Core Line for Trolling ??

Default Lead Core Line for Trolling ??

So, I have attempted to troll for the past couple outings at pyramid for Striper, all for nothing. In fact even Bait and wait didn't give me any results. Hey, I suck at striper fishing unless they are boiling, I understand that much, but.....lol

Anyhow, before I completly give up and go back to the "GREEN CARP" soley, I wanted to give it a few more attempt. I have been trolling with 10 lbs mono with a YUM U-rig. From what I can tell, most marks I have been seeing was in the ball park of 40-50+ ft, unless my HumminBird is off.

So, at about 2-3 mph, I am just wondering if the u-rig is enough weight to get down to that deph. I have started to think maybe I should get some lead core or even a trolling weight to get it down to that depth...

Oh well I guess it give me an excuse to get more gear and give it another shot tomorrow...See ya at the Mid.

get a downrigger or lead core

ya, lead core is the way I am leaning. I have been reading a lot on the use of it. So, I think I will have to a little bigger real, after I bride my wife with a Coach purse..lol and give it a shot tomorrow....Hey, it's all a learning process.