Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fish cat 4 250# weight cap.

Quote Originally Posted by shiromaguro88 View Post
    It seems like fish cat 4 is the way to go from reading these threads. I also weigh around 235lbs. What about a pontoon like the creek co. Sport LT. What is the advantages and disadvantages between pontoon and float tube.
    This toon has a weight limit of 450 lbs
    http://www.coverbonanza.com/38881/74...toon-Boat.html

Float tube pros: Easier to transport and set up, cheaper. Cons: slow, limited range, you get wet.

Toon pros: versatile, you can row, kick or use a trolling motor, comfortable, carry more gear, sit well above the water.
    Cons: can cost 2 or 3 times as much as a tube after all is said and done (even with a "cheap toon", motor, battery, FF, and other stuff you add on), a hassle to set up unless your truck bed is big enough to carry the toon fully assembled. I have a roof rack but its hard and awkward trying to lift it onto the roof fully assembled by myself. and yes, it does get blown around a bit in a good wind, but its worth the versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by 5AUGHT View Post
    thanks fellas for the input. I want to upgrade my caddis nav II to a v shaped tube so I was looking around at the FC4. I am 238#'s then add my gear and cooler I just didn't ride the FC max weight capacity without any input. Maybe I will go with the cumberland or ODC 420 then.
    I'm actually in this same boat, I'm wanting to upgrade my caddis nav II to a v shaped tube, still probably going to get the Outcast Fish Cat 4 Deluxe LCS. I've gotten my moneys worth out of the caddis, plus the replacement ***** are a ***** to get from caddis..

The Caddis was good to me, but it was time to upgrade. I end it giving to be a buddy who has never tubed before so he will enjoy it. I actually went with an ODC 420 and just waiting till next month to use it up in Convict lake. I took it out of box and inflated it for a day to make sure the bladders were ok and make sure I could get the valve placements center. So far so good.

4. Default

The FC4 will be fine even if you decide to gain 40lbs.. My friend has a odc 420 and the stitching split on his third time using it and he only weighs like 140lbs..

This a very timely thread. I have a Nevada Gold that I want to upgrade from. I'm 250 myself so I've been looking at a Fat Cat and a Fish Cat. If the Fish Cat will work, I'll lean towards that tube. It does look good.

I have the fishcat 4 deluxe i weigh 250 and have not had a problem. I would buy another one.

Quote Originally Posted by tankdog View Post
    I have the fishcat 4 deluxe i weigh 250 and have not had a problem. I would buy another one.
    This kinda seals the deal right here. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12