Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fish cat 4 250# weight cap.

Default fish cat 4 250# weight cap.

Just wondering if anyone out there has challenged this weight capacity or anywhere close to it.
    Thanks in advance for any info

If you're thinking about buying a new tube and that weight is a close call for you then you might want to check out the cumberland from classic accessories. It has a weight capacity of 350

Quote Originally Posted by .:LOLLY:. View Post
    If you're thinking about buying a new tube and that weight is a close call for you then you might want to check out the cumberland from classic accessories. It has a weight capacity of 350
    X2 what lolly said.very solid tube & cheaper than the fc4....

thanks fellas for the input. I want to upgrade my caddis nav II to a v shaped tube so I was looking around at the FC4. I am 238#'s then add my gear and cooler I just didn't ride the FC max weight capacity without any input. Maybe I will go with the cumberland or ODC 420 then.

Quote Originally Posted by .:LOLLY:. View Post
    Hello Lolly,

Im thinking of purchasing a Float tube but new to the game, i fish local lakes like Irvine, Laguna niguel, i was wondering what wouold be an ideal size for local lakes and maybe the Balboa Harbor....im looking into spending 300-400......done paying boat fees.....any help would be awesome, thanks in advance

Fishingdachronarch201E7 PM Sent

I have a FC4 and was around 240# and never found with the gear I had that it was an issue.

Hi 5aught, Yeah I'm 250 and I carry about 20 lbs of gear incl. small cooler behind the seat, at least 4 rods and reels and probably more tackle than I really need, I fished like this for 4 years. I bought a SFC last year, but the FC4 is more comfortable, the larger diameter tubes on the SFC make the seat a little narrow for me!

Marshhawk

It seems like fish cat 4 is the way to go from reading these threads. I also weigh around 235lbs. What about a pontoon like the creek co. Sport LT. What is the advantages and disadvantages between pontoon and float tube.

That pontoon is gonna catch a lot more wind then the float tube. Also, do you plan in paddling or kicking?
    Last edited by Cadillyak; 03-28-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast