Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skinner 3/16

Default Skinner 3/16

Man, the day started great! A bit warmer and calm at sunrise. Got a 6lber in the first 10 minutes and figured it could only get better..... WRONG! No more stripers. Didn't meter any bait schools and I tried all over the lake. Went LMB fishing at 10:45 and saw a bunch of males starting to establish territories. They were real skittish though. Got off the water at 1:30 and Shannon said it was the only striper she had seen that day. Still waiting........... soon!!!

Great catch P.A.W. 6 # is not bad at all the usual depth or up some?

rig was at 15' in 30' of water. Didn't meter anything he just snuck up on me.

i headed out there at 5:30pm, went straight to ramp 2.
    nothing.
    was seeing something huge jump up and splash from a distance.
    just had one follower but no takers. he looked maybe 3 lbs. but a HUGE maybe.
    not even a 1lber seen from shore.
    threw the kitchen sink at em.
    just thought i'd throw this out there..

Hey Pat one 6# fish is better than a limit of rats, you always manage to stick it to them one way or the other. Guess I made the right call heading out to Dana Point! I would have gotten the big white stripe today for sure...

Thought I'd just add this here instead of wasting space on a new thread. Went back today 3/17 and got a skunk. Lots of boats out there today. Mainly bass hunters. Slow day for them too. Spent an hour or so lost in a fog bank mid-lake. I really need a new Lowrance with a chartplotter/gps for these days.

Joe, it sure felt like Dana Point morning. Cool, foggy as hell, and damp.
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 03-17-2013 at 05:22 PM.

at least no skunk pat,dont worry them stripers are starting to wake up from there winters nap and they will be ripping them rigs apart real soon,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,