Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T Late Tube Report 3/13/13

Jason its good to see you back on the water and reporting another great day.

Like you I can't wait till the water warms up. It takes a while longer up here to get the magic 63 degree water. Until then keep it up. Sometime around May 1st I hope to add a few catch reports as well.

Take care and the best to you and Tess

WWO

Hi ya Jaysuuun,

It was really great to see both ... you and Tess at the Eagles gathering!

Sorry for this late response but I just realized that this fish report of yours had gotten past me some how!
    Excellent job on the piercing the lips on those Spotties ... Jason!
    I would luv to see Tess with you in some of your next postings!

Thanx for the fish report with pic's!

SP Dan <"))><

I haven't seriously fished the harbor in awhile! Glad to know that they are still out there! Nice bounty!

Way to go J! Nice to see you found some time to get back on the water, and put together a great score too! I know time is limited with all the planning for the big day, but hope you get some more sessions in soon.

Congrats!
    Don

PS - Might want to take a couple rods with you to Maui. Check out the beaches along the road to Lahaina. Might be able to have a little fun out there in the surf...assuming that you find some free time while you guys are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Jason,

It's good to see you were able to get back out on the water and it looks to me like you did quite well.

I'm looking forward to some more competitive reports but in the future you better let Tess win! Congratulations to both of you!
    Thanks Terry. Fishing was pretty decent, but not as good as it was a couple years ago around this time.

As far as Tess winning, I don't need to let her win. She's pretty damn competitive. Turn your head for one second and she'll be poaching the next hole or trench.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Hey Terry, he doesn't have to "let" Tess win... she wins anyway!

Great job Jason, I miss NPH too... paging Flyngby & Hesbros... where are the Harbor Masters?!?

I don't think you're gonna get Tess out there until after the wedding...
    Harr, harr, harr... Don't forget Tess' mojo is still missing. I think I'll be able to get her out there a couple times before the wedding.

X2 on paging the harbor masters.

Quote Originally Posted by jinbow View Post
    Great report Jason, and smart of you to switch on the plastics to try which bites best and it paid off. NPH brings a lot of memories, I started my saltwater fishing there using little BH going for spotties, but I wasn't in a tube, just on the dock or the shore and casting under the structures, it was fun. And I agree, the place did get less action than before.
    Thanks. The spotties were definitely being picky. Felt like I was fishing for rainbow trout. LOL. Nothing like a hard fighting spottie though. Pound for pound one of the hardest fighting fish. Gotta love it!

Quote Originally Posted by FishinElectrician View Post
    Nicely done!!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bassfishing24/7 View Post
    Cool report & pix.i sure miss getting out to nph.....
    Thanks. I love NPH because you can pretty much fish it anytime you want. And when conditions are pretty rough else where you can bet that it'll be much calmer in the harbors

Quote Originally Posted by ptn View Post
    Great job Jason on getting on some spotties. NPH has been slow from what I've been hearing from everyone and I tried myself the other week and only managed 2 dink halibuts.

-Peter
    Thanks Peter. I think the spotties have gotten smarter over the years. LOL but enough about the harbors, looks like the surf is starting to heat up!

Quote Originally Posted by bloox8 View Post
    Pretty good job out there Jason! Way more than I've landed in a while.
    Let me know when you head out to the surf. I might pay you a visit and take on some of your challenges

Fred..Hall...Show..... I can't wait...
    I think about it every night before I sleep. I hope I am able to get some good deals.
    Let me know if you know of any good deals.

Thien
    Yo Thien I'm starting to get the itch to fish the surf. I'll have to hit you up real soon. A lot of legals landed recently.

Did you end up going to the show? Fred hall is always fun. As far as good deals, it really depends on what you're looking for. I bought a few things but with entrance fee and parking... Did I really get a good deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by saltman View Post
    Hey Bro

awsome catch today it was your day out there!

Saltman
    Thanks Ramiro! It really was my day. Nobody was out there! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Hey Jason,
    First off, I hope all is well with the both of you.
    It's good to see a report from you.
    You did well out there, you switched it up and made em pay...
    The water is getting warmer and I hope we have an abundance of flatties this year...
    Take care & I hope to see the both of you soon,
    Robert
    <><
    Robert, thanks for the kind words. Tess and I are doing really well but we need to put in some fishing time. Hopefully we'll see you on the sand soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Jason its good to see you back on the water and reporting another great day.

Like you I can't wait till the water warms up. It takes a while longer up here to get the magic 63 degree water. Until then keep it up. Sometime around May 1st I hope to add a few catch reports as well.

Take care and the best to you and Tess

WWO
    Bill thanks. It felt good to get back out there and tug on a few fish. Just saw your freshwater report. Looks like you guys had a little slayfest! WTG

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Hi ya Jaysuuun,

It was really great to see both ... you and Tess at the Eagles gathering!

Sorry for this late response but I just realized that this fish report of yours had gotten past me some how!
    Excellent job on the piercing the lips on those Spotties ... Jason!
    I would luv to see Tess with you in some of your next postings!

Thanx for the fish report with pic's!

SP Dan <"))><
    Dan it was good to see you at the gathering too. I'm hoping to convince Tess to come out with me for a couple of sessions. I hope we can share the sand with you sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    I haven't seriously fished the harbor in awhile! Glad to know that they are still out there! Nice bounty!
    Thanks. If you make it back out there be sure to bring a full arsenal of plastics. The spotties have been so moody lately. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Way to go J! Nice to see you found some time to get back on the water, and put together a great score too! I know time is limited with all the planning for the big day, but hope you get some more sessions in soon.

Congrats!
    Don

PS - Might want to take a couple rods with you to Maui. Check out the beaches along the road to Lahaina. Might be able to have a little fun out there in the surf...assuming that you find some free time while you guys are out there.
    Thanks Don. Looks like the surf is starting to heat up so I'm hoping to land a legal before the big day. I've been doing a little bit of research on fishing in HI. Trying to plan an offshore trip with the guys and hopefully a squeeze in a surf session with Tess

I want to add one of those Spotties to my species list. Nice job bro.

Nice job hunny, not too shabby for a few hours in the water. I haven't fished in so long I forgot what that tug feels like. Hoping to hit the surf at least once before the big day... 3 months to go!! Between work, wedding stuff, and moving, I barely find time to sleep... but somehow Jason manages to get out there and fish. hmmmm... no fair.

Looks like a very productive session to me.. Way to go out there Jason!
    Thanks for the report! I'm looking forward to hitting the surf with you bro

-Daniel

I need to add a Spotted Bass to my species list, nice going bro.

Nice little sesh you had there Jason. I kinda gave up tubing when my knees started bothering me but I might have to dust off my Caddis tube soon!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast