Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T Late Tube Report 3/13/13

Default S.W.A.T Late Tube Report 3/13/13

It's been awhile since I put up a report. I really wanted to hit up the surf, but I really didn't have the time to hit up my favorite AO's and the timing of the tides were not to my liking. But after going to the Fred Hall show, I seriously needed to get a line wet.

Decided to hit up my old stomping grounds, NPH! I don't know if I'm a little rusty, but it seems a bit more challenging to catch a fish there nowadays. Lately, I haven't produced much on the good ol swimmie and I've been skunked the last couple times I was slinging the big hammer. The slower presentation of the DS seemed to be the ticket in getting these fish to bite. The spotties were finicky and if I didn't set the hook fast enough they would spit the bait and not come back for it. Enjoy the pics.

Most of the fish measured in at around 12-13in. I really missed how these fish pull!

I downsized my hook in hopes of getting bit more. I think it worked out, but in return I farmed more fish than I usually do on the DS.

One of the spotties coughed up a fresh piece of pile/sandworm. Perhaps I would've had a better day crawling some type of creature bait or jig?

My biggest of the day at 14inches. As you can see I changed my offerings several times to keep the bite going.

Picked up a couple of short flatties on the way back.

Not a bad day of fishing. Overcast and drizzly all morning, my favorite kind of fishing weather. Baitfish was abundant, but the water was still cold which was indicated by the loss of feeling in my legs. .

It's been such a busy year between wedding planning, moving and work, so it was nice to get out there and feel the tug of a spottie. I'm hoping my next outing will be in the surf as the water warms up and heck maybe my significant other will join me in a "friendly" competition just like the good ol days. Til next time

Jason,

It's good to see you were able to get back out on the water and it looks to me like you did quite well.

I'm looking forward to some more competitive reports but in the future you better let Tess win! Congratulations to both of you!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post

I'm looking forward to some more competitive reports but in the future you better let Tess win!
    Hey Terry, he doesn't have to "let" Tess win... she wins anyway!

Great job Jason, I miss NPH too... paging Flyngby & Hesbros... where are the Harbor Masters?!?

I don't think you're gonna get Tess out there until after the wedding...

Great report Jason, and smart of you to switch on the plastics to try which bites best and it paid off. NPH brings a lot of memories, I started my saltwater fishing there using little BH going for spotties, but I wasn't in a tube, just on the dock or the shore and casting under the structures, it was fun. And I agree, the place did get less action than before.

Nicely done!!!

Cool report & pix.i sure miss getting out to nph.....

Great job Jason on getting on some spotties. NPH has been slow from what I've been hearing from everyone and I tried myself the other week and only managed 2 dink halibuts.

-Peter

Pretty good job out there Jason! Way more than I've landed in a while.
    Let me know when you head out to the surf. I might pay you a visit and take on some of your challenges

Fred..Hall...Show..... I can't wait...
    I think about it every night before I sleep. I hope I am able to get some good deals.
    Let me know if you know of any good deals.

Thien

Hey Bro

awsome catch today it was your day out there!

Saltman

Hey Jason,
    First off, I hope all is well with the both of you.
    It's good to see a report from you.
    You did well out there, you switched it up and made em pay...
    The water is getting warmer and I hope we have an abundance of flatties this year...
    Take care & I hope to see the both of you soon,
    Robert
    <><

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast