Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What's the strangest thing you've seen while fishing?

MY dad and I are fishing Rock Creek Lake all day long. At about lunch time, two or three guys tie off their boat to the dock and go up for lunch, we figured. About ten minutes after they left their boat tied to the dock, it starts to float away with the wind. I guess they couldn't tie a knot... As the boat is blowing in wind around the lake, the shore fishermen are trying to cast out to the boat and snag it. It was a lke-wide competition to see who could try to bring the boat to shore. Meanwhile, the guys who've lost their boat are still gone... They finally comeback and walk all the way to the end of the dock, with all their gear, and then realize their boat is missing. Everyone around the lake was laughing their arses off and you could easily hear it in the thin mountain air. Their boat ended up blowing on shore on the other side of the lake and they could be heard laughing too.

Another time at Lake Powell, I came across a huge stripper that had choked on another fish it tried to eat. it was unbelievable. The stripper had tried to eat another fish head first..?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    I came across a huge stripper that had choked on another fish it tried to eat. it was unbelievable. The stripper had tried to eat another fish head first..?
    I have heard of stripers eating whole fish head first, but a stripper so huge that she would try to eat a whole fish head first... yikes! Most strippers are slender and seems like their sushi would be more in bites sized pieces and not the whole fish.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    ...I came across a huge stripper that had choked on another fish it tried to eat. it was unbelievable. The stripper had tried to eat another fish head first..?
    A huge stripper trying to eat another stripper? Holy crap.

Must have been a Lady Quagga sized stripper then.

As the tide goes in and out that tombstone will drop to the bedrock.

I was gutting a trout and found a rock(size of a peach pit) lodged by the anus of the trout. Talk about being constipated.

Default u guys forgot local 2009 long beach

LONG BEACH — A deckhand on a charter boat choked to death after he accidentally swallowed a bait fish in front of elementary school students on a fishing trip along the breakwater, authorities said Tuesday. Jeff Twaddle, 54, of Huntington Beach was a deckhand on the Gale Force, a charter boat that operates fishing trips out of Rainbow Harbor and San Pedro, said Capt. Dan Salas, the boat's owner.

Los Angeles County Coroner's Lt. Fred Corral said Twaddle's death was ruled accidental.

(Excerpt) Read more at montereyherald.com ...

KEYWORDS: darwin
    Technically speaking, he DIDN'T swallow the fish. No word on the condition of the fish.

1 posted on Friday, April 03, 2009 10:08:10 PM by Texas Eagle
    [ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Texas Eagle
    Those kids learned an invaluable lesson.

To: Vigilantcitizen
    nice going kids, you killed the deckhand.

Paging Dr. Heimlich...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PETA headline would read: Revenge of the Seakitten

“Jeff Twaddle, 54, of Huntington Beach was a deckhand on the Gale Force...”
    twad·dle intr.v. twad·dled, twad·dling, twad·dles. To talk foolishly; prate. n. Foolish, trivial, or idle talk or chatter.

I don’t see him as being a Darwin Award nominee. He was in his 50’s and had already likely had children. He was cutting up with some kids and choked to death on a fish. A freak accident and nothing more. Condolences to his family and friends as well as the children who witnessed this.

This is a story that’s hard to swallow. I’ll take the bait...what’s the punchline?

Wow this thread is going so long I doubt if anyone will read this but,one afternoon while fishing the LB Horseshoe area a friend and I are headed back to Alamitos Bay in my skiff,and this huge sailboat goes by,the kind that has the stand up helm and big giant steering wheel (for lack of better description ) and my fishing buddy says "hey isn't that one of your friends from the marina? As this guy goes by I look over and he's at the helm Butt naked! Speedo suntan line and all,he just looks at us and smiles and waves,I'm laughing now just thinking about it again,good times on the water!

Cya TunaVic

In line with the original post about the voodoo shrine, a couple of years ago, I saw a Native American looking guy walk past me at Hemet Lake, going toward the dam, with a large bunch of flowers in his arms. A while later, I headed in that direction, passed him going the other way, this time without the flowers, and came upon his flowers floating in a little bay. I am guessing that it was some sort of memorial.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789