Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the strangest thing you've seen while fishing?

Was fishing fairmont two years ago had to many beers from mr taco down the road had to use the restroom so I went to the restroom all I seen was two men's shoes facing eachother in the stall and heavy breathing definetly the most awkward leak I took

This thread illustrates exactly why every lake in socal closes at dusk..

Here's a few...
    - after cutting up a few 20#ish salmon on the Feather River (at the campground), the guide and I had the headless/tailless meat in large garbage bags in one hand and 12#+ knives in the other. The guide was in full grizzly adams mode with the long beard and I had hair to my waist. We had blood on our hands and who knows where and as we were walking by the bathrooms and old man started freaking out and asking if we had a problem here. We said NO... then kept walking. then we realized he probably thought we had limbs in the bags and saw the bloody knifes and the beard/hair and must have thought we were axe murderers. LOL

- I was a young teen and had to whizz while out in the bay in NC. other boats around and no coffee can on board so I filled up a soda can (carefully so as not to spill it on my dad's new boat). My rod started going with a fish. I couldn't hurl the can over as it would float (unless filled to the very top and sunk) and couldn't leave it to be kicked over or tipped over by a wave (couldn't spill pee on dad's new boat), so I handed the can to dad to hold while I pulled in the fish.... "Hey, this Pepsi's warm... and salty too...." oops, my dad drank my whizzz. I was really trying hard not to laugh and was also very afraid. Good thing for me one of dad's buddies was out there with us. he laughed a lot.

- saw a snake eating a catfish in the everglades... really now how was that snake going to actually eat that fish.

- saw a deer swim across the American River

- several times had large green carp attempt to eat smaller green carp while hooked up...

- snagged an abandoned trot line attached to a 30# carp (a real brown carp). that thing was huge. it was saturday before Easter sunday. Dad took it to a buddy's place and painted stripes on it and put a big plug in its mouth. Left it on his friend's car. the guy got up for church, saw it and shifted it to the neighbor's car.... LOL

- took a hit to the nads with a sinker as a kid when the line got hung in a tree and snapped. I was always more careful after that.

- On the BlackJack in the 80's some guy kept tangling me up and generally acting like a jerk, so I seasoned his eggs with squid ink... yummy!

- another time, this kid was playing with the sardines, so I asked if they were delicious so he started eating them. dad noticed a bit later and was horrified. The kid ate 3 or 4 before his fun was ended.

- once and only once as a kid one of the guys started a fire to cook our bass. he convinced me to put it out by whizzing on it. I don't put out fires that way any more. Peeewwww.

DMS

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbear View Post
    I was fishing at Poway lake and watched a guy boat his 1lb trout using a gaff. Really a gaff???
    lmao. that's a good one!

1) about 30 years ago. Walk down to the shore of lake piru to the right of the marina, and there is a couple boning right there in front of me. I just kept fishng and they never stopped.

2) Fishing pyramid about 3 years ago and I watch a guy fishing with 2 poles lose his pole in the water when a striper takes the bait. He instantly jumps in without thinking, and retieves his pole. climbs back in the boat, just missing his other pole going in the water. I saw it all and told him as he was looking for his other pole. Also had his cell phone in his pocket when he jumped in. I did post a pic of him all wet in the boat on this site.

3) 3 monkeys sitting on the shore fishing with no fishng license. Lol. ok i just made that up.

4) almost forgot this one: We were leaving pyramid after a good day of fishing and there were 2 cars parked off the side of the road just before the turn to the fwy. me and my buddy both look toward them, and there was a hot girl with here skirt hike up taking a pee. and we saw beaver. that was a good day.
    Last edited by fishfinder; 03-14-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    4) almost forgot this one: We were leaving pyramid after a good day of fishing and there were 2 cars parked off the side of the road just before the turn to the fwy. me and my buddy both look toward them, and there was a hot girl with here skirt hike up taking a pee. and we saw beaver. that was a good day.
    mmm, I wasn't fishing, but was in the park doing Tai Chi with Lulu and some car pulls over and dude gets out... walks over to my car and... hey man!!! don't pee on my car!!! WTF! he shifted to the wall on the other side of the sidewalk. Dude had a car full of mixed company and had to pull over to try and whizz on my car. I want to trade memories on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by fishincouple View Post
    A family of 4 in the trees/creek of Mojave Narrows....naked as all hell, washing in the creek.
    My dad tells a similar story. During a trout fishing trip in Kennedy Meadows my dad and 3 friends witnissed a grown man and a teenage boy bathing in the river naked at 6am in January. He said that they spooked like deer when someone stepped on a twig loud enough for them to hear it

Quote Originally Posted by BarracudaBen View Post
    My dad tells a similar story. During a trout fishing trip in Kennedy Meadows my dad and 3 friends witnissed a grown man and a teenage boy bathing in the river naked at 6am in January. He said that they spooked like deer when someone stepped on a twig loud enough for them to hear it
    Another one... was fishing up Piru Creek above Frenchman's... before the catch and release section was established. Minding my own business when a very large and unattractive female jumps into the creek right in front of me and right where I was fishing. She comes up and loses her top. grosssssss. that was cow level stuff. I moved and tried not to lose my lunch. scared the crap out of the poor trout; surprised they didn't all start floating belly up.

That was a long time ago Vic on the First String

Long time ago T Vic First string
    Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Coming home from Catalina,we found a boat that had capsized and just the bow was still showing,five people drowned,we pulled one young girl from the water who survived,pretty strange and tragic,to say the least.

Cya TunaVic

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast