Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Bear Lake Report

I am hearin' that there are more carp than usual in the lake and they are showin. ETaggart also wrote something about it on another thread I think. My friend told me that his friend went up yesterday and seemed like there were 300 or so carp near the dam, and many of them large. Water is clear and you can really see them. However, no trout seen near surface at the dam.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutin Man View Post
    I am hearin' that there are more carp than usual in the lake and they are showin. ETaggart also wrote something about it on another thread I think. My friend told me that his friend went up yesterday and seemed like there were 300 or so carp near the dam, and many of them large. Water is clear and you can really see them. However, no trout seen near surface at the dam.
    Ya I've read that most the trout are about 20-40 ft down right now. I'll be going up there with the family tomorrow morning and coming home Sunday, gonna fish all 3 days and gonna try many different spots til I hook up...

Good catch of a carp and trout. Nice to know trout are biting at BBL. Can't wait to go back on my next trip. Thanks for sharing!

Good to hear from you FQ. Have you been fishin at all lately?

My friend got back from BBL last night and said he hit his limit at Stanfield Cutoff in 3 hours using trout worms...actually 4 on trout worms and one on a fly. He stuck a bobber on the line and used a 4 foot leader and the fly just floated on top! Something like that. Hey...it worked for him!

Hopefully I can get up there again this month.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fishing Queen View Post
    Good catch of a carp and trout. Nice to know trout are biting at BBL. Can't wait to go back on my next trip. Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by Troutin Man; 04-01-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutin Man View Post
    Good to hear from you FQ. Have you been fishin at all lately?

My friend got back from BBL last night and said he hit his limit at Stanfield Cutoff in 3 hours using trout worms...actually 4 on trout worms and one on a fly. He stuck a bobber on the line and used a 4 foot leader and the fly just floated on top! Something like that. Hey...it worked for him!

Hopefully I can get up there again this month.

I did go out a couple times in the past 4 months, caught some nice trout up in the mountains. But I didn't post any reports because and the trout were spawning and I didn't want them to be disturbed by heavy traffic......

Lately, I have been busy with other interests going on in my life besides fishing. So far I have achieved my goal and I'm coming to the end of it........ A few friends called and we've been talking about fishing and I'm planing to fish with them in the next week or two. Also, I'll be heading to BBL for a short vacation and fishing in the future.

It's nice to know trout were biting from your report. And thanks for the info and the update! Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fishing Queen View Post
    I did go out a couple times in the past 4 months, caught some nice trout up in the mountains. But I didn't post any reports because and the trout were spawning and I didn't want them to be disturbed by heavy traffic......

Lately, I have been busy with other interests going on in my life besides fishing. So far I have achieved my goal and I'm coming to the end of it........ A few friends called and we've been talking about fishing and I'm planing to fish with them in the next week or two. Also, I'll be heading to BBL for a short vacation and fishing in the future.

It's nice to know trout were biting from your report. And thanks for the info and the update! Take care!

Went up the other day and scanned the area to fish. There were tons of anglers in the popular spots! So much shoreline, but little or no areas to fish. From what I saw, the trout were still trying to spawn and anglers were throwing bait and lures. The little devils seemed pissed off or something. They would see the bait...stare...swim around it. As for lures, people were throwing all kinds and no love. They would see a lure and then swim out of the way...like dodgeball. Rather amusing. Frustrated anglers to say the least. To see them, to throw, and to have rods not go bendo!!!

After watching for a bit, I decided to dip my 2 lines in areas I have never fished. Did not catch any. However, it was much more relaxing to be in those spots than with all the brouhaha.

I am now going to set my sites on the eastern sierras, do some readings on several reachable lakes, head on up and do some fishin' for the sierra opening!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123