Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surf Report 3/12/2013

Default Surf Report 3/12/2013

Well, I had about 3 hours of free time today, so I went to Dockweiler Beach today, to see if the fish were willing to bite. Decided to throw a carolina rigged Big Hammer Perch grub in motor oil christmas, to look for any biters. I only stayed maybe about an hour, because the water was extremely full of debris, consisting of mostly trash, and, believe it or not, clothes. It was disgusting. After hooking into a pair of underwear, that was the last straw for me. I was outta there.

Ended the day with two new species I havent caught from the surf, a walleye surf perch, and a big ol smelt! Hopefully by the next time I go out, the debris fields have subsided, and the fish are biting more agressively.

Thanks for reading guys!

great report, did you keep the underwear?

Nice try out there FE. Congrats on the new species! At least you got to pull on something. I just sent you a PM...hope it helps. Good luck!

Don

Actually, three new species... you forgot about the underwear. What species was it, boxers or briefs?

Good effort out there, at least the weather was great. Now the water temp. just need to rise about 8 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    great report, did you keep the underwear?
    Thanks! And no, I didnt. I actually put em in a pile of trash that the County B&H folks were gathering up!

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Nice try out there FE. Congrats on the new species! At least you got to pull on something. I just sent you a PM...hope it helps. Good luck!

Don
    PM replied, sir! Thank you, very very much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Actually, three new species... you forgot about the underwear. What species was it, boxers or briefs?

Good effort out there, at least the weather was great. Now the water temp. just need to rise about 8 degrees.
    LOL! Thanks Wingnut!

But, it was neither species you mentioned! It was womens, actually! The type the ladies refer to as, boy shorts, if Im not mistaken. LOL!

What?! Free clothes!?.. jk jk Sounds like a mess out there. Thanks for the heads up.
    Congrats on the two new species.

Thien

Quote Originally Posted by bloox8 View Post
    What?! Free clothes!?.. jk jk Sounds like a mess out there. Thanks for the heads up.
    Congrats on the two new species.

Thien
    LOL! I dont understand how so many pieces of clothing make it out to sea like that! Humans can be disgusting creatures...

Hi ya FishinElectrician,

Excellent effort Sir!
    "Congratulations" on beaching your (2) two new species! WTG!!
    PS ... we sent a memo out to all surf anglers early this AM on how to land some toads ... but it's obvious Sir ... you only caught the tail-end of the de-briefing!! Ha ha ha!!

Thanx for the fish report with pic's!

SP Dan <"))><

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Hi ya FishinElectrician,

Excellent effort Sir!
    "Congratulations" on beaching your (2) two new species! WTG!!
    PS ... we sent a memo out to all surf anglers early this AM on how to land some toads ... but it's obvious Sir ... you only caught the tail-end of the de-briefing!! Ha ha ha!!

Thanx for the fish report with pic's!

SP Dan <"))><
    SP Dan, thank you very much, my friend!

And I totally missed that memo, to be quite honest with you! LOL

Thanks for the report.

I ran into the thing on Sunday in Santa Monica south of Temescal, tons of debris, very frustrating!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast