Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is he ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trial and Error View Post
    Midshipman
    That was funny....

Nice picture, where was it taken in a forest area ? I see the pine but don't know the elevation or if it is a forest area or
    coastal area or just a nice yard tree .

Definitely not a Harrier , Chicken Hawk (common Kestrel) or a Sharp-shinned Hawk they have longer tails like a falcon . Cooper Hawks tails are terminated in white not brown so I am going to rule that out but a very good guess .

I am leaning towards a Red shouldered Hawk because the chest plumage has a lot more streaking than a Red Tail Hawk but I won't rule the Red Tail out as it is very difficult to know for sure considering it is a juvenile and there are variations
    that occur in both species .
    If there was a better picture of the head or if I could see the wings in flight or extended I could tell for sure because there are markings that distinguish each bird.

One thing for certain unless you have a small Chihuahua sized dog he is no threat . I would say Mice and Baby Rabbits are
    more within his carrying capacity .
    Last edited by Stalker Of Fish; 03-12-2013 at 09:31 AM.

The pic was in my backyard here in Riverside, I have seen lots of Red Tails around the house but none that look like that one. Thanks for the reply S>O>F>

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    The pic was in my backyard here in Riverside, I have seen lots of Red Tails around the house but none that look like that one. Thanks for the reply S>O>F>
    Do live close to the river area ? Because Red Shouldered Hawks like rivers, creeks (Riparian areas).
    I know Riverside lives up to it's name anyways if you are near a water source Within a mile or two that would
    almost cinch it being a Red Shouldered Hawk in my mind .

I have been meaning to ask you Old Pud Fisher do you fish Pudingstone from a boat or the shore ?
    My Mom lives right by the lake so I get up there frequently. I like fly fishing for the pan fish and using micro spinning gear
    for them at the Pud. . Me and my boy pictured in my avatar with his first fish . go pan fishing at a little lake out here.
    He caught 16 his first day fishing at 5 years old beating me by 4 fish he is a natural born fish getter !
    I don't haul my boat over to the Pud much I live out in Murrieta not far from you . I shore fish the dam areas and the south shore often.
    Last edited by Stalker Of Fish; 03-12-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12