Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lnl 3-9-13

Default Lnl 3-9-13

Haven't seen any reports on LNL lately so my 2 friends an I were trying to decide between LNL or Irvine and decided to go to LNL and save Irvine for thsi Saturday for the tournament. Arrived around 630 to very light crowd. Shore was pretty empty and a couple boats out. I didn't know if the it was the weather, Fred Hall show or just bad fishing kept people away. It was pretty slow all morning fishing a couple spots in the flatts area. We had 3 fish and farmed 3 fish between the 3 of us up to 2pm. The whole time there was 1 boat with 4 guy's on it getting a steady bite in front of the launch ramp for a little while. Then at 2 we decided to try 1 more spot a little past the launch ramp right after the last bench right in the middle and anchored up. Then it just went nuts for us. I tossed my first worm out towards the ramp and the other worm towards the inlet right in the middle of the lake and that one just got slammed when I put it down. As soon as I got that one in I put on some more bite on garlic and tossed it back in the same place and slammed again within 2 minutes. Got him in put it back out and same result, couple minutes slammed again and as I am reeling him in I hear my other rod that I stopped paying attention to going out on the other side of the boat sliding down the side of the boat. Double hook up. I just pick up the other rod and make sure its set and hand off to my buddy to try to keep him on the other side of the boat but both fish met in front of the boat but not before crossing my 2 rods as well as my friends. He did manage to net the 2 in one swoop along with the birds nest of 4 lines tangled together. That put me out of commission for about 20 minutes so I shared the wealth with my friends and moved over so they can get in on the action and let them try to cast out that direction. They did get bit but didn't get them to the boat. So after untangling and re doing just 1 rod I was fishing again and managed another 2 fishing the back of this boat trying to let my friends get a couple more. Had my last fish as the workers were going around asking the rental boats to come in. Ended up 9 fish with just as many lost through the whole day. Chartreuse anything got us bit in the flatts in the morning but orange worm was my ticket in the inlet area. We just had to be patient and find the right spot and the fish gods took care of the rest.

Thanks for the report, good job out there! The last couple of times I've been out there, tubers were almost nonexistent, it's kind of sad. This season the average fish are of excellent quality and the tw fight pretty damn hard. They had extended hours starting this past Sunday too.