Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Bear Lake Rainbows on Slip Bobber - video report

Default Big Bear Lake Rainbows on Slip Bobber - video report

Went up to big bear last Sunday and just put the video up. We were fishing slip bobbers with night crawlers. We managed to catch some rainbows, but the bobbers were not going down like crazy by any means. For now cast as far out as you can. Good Luck. In this video I also do a how to on slip bobbers if you've never used them before.

Last edited by Calicanuck; 03-09-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Congratulations on another slay day up at Bear. Another detailed and informative video.

.......Pm'd

wow thanks for the great vid! Now I finally understand how the whole slip bobber thing works! haha...

do you like to use any scent on your 1/2 nightcrawlers at all? and I guess if you're fishing from shore... a great place to use this rig is near the dam where it gets pretty deep, right?

thanks again!

Good info but that looks like a HUMUNGOUS weight for that bobber. Does it still float with that much weight on there? (Or was that for demo purposes only?)

Awesome!That video was very imformational.Keep them coming please!

Cool and informative vid,thanks.

Cya TunaVc

Quote Originally Posted by geedavell View Post
    Good info but that looks like a HUMUNGOUS weight for that bobber. Does it still float with that much weight on there? (Or was that for demo purposes only?)
    Yeah that was a large weight and the bobber may not float with that one on. Only for demonstration. I believe the bobber will float with a 3/8oz weight. I like using the largest one that the bobber will float than I am able to cast it out further from shore to where the fish are, also the fish feels less resistance as well when taking the bait.

Quote Originally Posted by dkinla View Post
    do you like to use any scent on your 1/2 nightcrawlers at all? and I guess if you're fishing from shore... a great place to use this rig is near the dam where it gets pretty deep, right?

thanks again!
    I don’t put any scent on the worm, just straight out of the package on to the hook. Sometimes the ones that are all smashed up after a few bites work the best as well. I’ve caught fish on slip bobbers at big bear by the dam, off the piers in boulder bay and at the launch ramps, off the jetty, and off the shore in several locations. Also this method really shines in the summer time out on the boat floating off the white bouys or drifting from the bouy line to the west launch. In the summer use powerbait, seems to work better for me than worms.

Although I don't have the best of luck there, I love Big Bear and Lake Gregory. Without driving 6 hours to the Sierra, you can't beat the scenery and atmosphere of the San Berdo mountains. I can't wait til it warms a bit to take my new float tube up there !
    ( And don't forget the fantastic roads up the for dual-sports!)
    Last edited by geedavell; 03-10-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Another great video, always enjoy your vids. Haven't commented on threads for awhile but really appreciate this instructional, pro-style and had to comment. You mentioned using bobber stops and having the sinker 8-15 feet below the bobber. If that's the case, I take it you probably reel up the line with the bobber stopper on your reel. My question is when casting does your line ever get snagged on the stopper in the spool and prevent you from casting far? I fish the San Gabriel Valley Lakes and I'm still waitin to hit up the Bear or the Greg. Thanks Ehhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Hookup View Post
    You mentioned using bobber stops and having the sinker 8-15 feet below the bobber. If that's the case, I take it you probably reel up the line with the bobber stopper on your reel. My question is when casting does your line ever get snagged on the stopper in the spool and prevent you from casting far?
    You are right that can be a problem, but there is a simple way to avoid that problem I've figured out. When using a spinning reel pay attention to the bobber stop when coming on to the reel and push it down to the base of the spool as the line goes around. That way when casting the line is less likely to caught on the stopper. It is frustrating without this tip to have your cast stop short, or line snap due to interference of the stopper. If you don't understand I can draw a picture to explain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast