Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: sUrF session 03/02/2013 first of the year!

Default sUrF session 03/02/2013 first of the year!

so i finally got my license renewed which was on 01/01/2013. non of my friends like fishing they think is ultra boring so i had to wait till one of them agreed to go with me (hate to go by my self). hit the location at about 10:30 which is late i know, lots of sea weed in the water with every 10 casts 9 of them got tangled in weed. Bait :- Berkley Gulp 6" Sand worm hook size # 2 color red....what i caught 8 perches and one looked red for some reason very red...and some thing they fought really hard and broke my pole i don't know, what was on the other side in the water and while fighting with current i dropped my cell in water do'h..over all i need fishing friends who enjoy fishing but still a good day only 4 hours spent back one before 4 pm!!! no picture sorry cell won't turn on

Sorry to hear about the phone.

Conditions on the surf are so unpredictable, i just stopped bringing it to the water all together. If you must have it with you, a ziploc bag works well for those "just in case" moments. They also sell special water proof cases for them too...

That red perch you caught might have been a redtailed surf perch...where were you fishing? (if you don't mind me asking)

Thanks for the report! Keep em' commin!

Andrew.

[QUOTE=fish_sauce;660198]Sorry to hear about the phone.

Conditions on the surf are so unpredictable, i just stopped bringing it to the water all together. If you must have it with you, a ziploc bag works well for those "just in case" moments. They also sell special water proof cases for them too...

That red perch you caught might have been a redtailed surf perch...where were you fishing? (if you don't mind me asking)

Thanks for the report! Keep em' commin!

Andrew.[/QUOTE

it was behind chart house in Malibu

Hi ya lostfisherman,

That reddish colored perch you caught might have been either a Redtail Surf Perch or a Calico Surf Perch.
    I feel your pain with your phone! This year I salt water soaked (2) two iPhone 4's in a 30 day period.
    Poseidon is known to happily receive all donations in his domain.

Thanx for the fish report.... always a pleasure to read Sir!

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 03-08-2013 at 05:33 AM. Reason: added more thoughts

Ever need a fishing buddy let me know

sucks about the phone but atleast you got onto some

Bummer on the phone. I dropped mine in the lake at Kenneth Hann park last week.
    It went about 2', pulled it out real fast then pulled the battery and sim card. Left it in the sun for 20 min then put it back together and it works fine. Been wanting to upgrade but I have to wait lol.

Thanks for the report.
    DR
    Last edited by DockRat; 03-07-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Don't even gbet me started about phones Bro!!
    In a 7 week span, I lost 4 phones...
    I had to use 4 of my 5 cell phone upgrades..
    Thanks for sharing,
    Robert