Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blake Jones Trout Derby---Anyone ever go?

Default Blake Jones Trout Derby---Anyone ever go?

While doing some research on Pleasant Valley Reservoir, I found this. Anyone ever been before?

http://www.bishopvisitor.com/fishingBlake.php

every year for the past 15 years, and we have a great time.. we've gone from just a few of us to a family gathering... try to make it you'll have a great time...

Quote Originally Posted by geedavell View Post
    While doing some research on Pleasant Valley Reservoir, I found this. Anyone ever been before?

http://www.bishopvisitor.com/fishingBlake.php
    Went to last years derby for the 1st time, had so much fun that I'm going again this year. I definitely recommend it, you won't be disappointed!!

It sounds like you can float tube in there?
    I heard you have to carry all your gear about 2 miles?

you can tube in the pvr its about 3/4 mile walk from the upper end lil less from lower but you go up a good hill its a great event for the local businesses but you have to like crowds..almost like opening day went once and it was enough for me...i will go before and after and have always done well...caught a 7 lb rainbow from there two years ago...they do alot of stocking prior and never heard of anyone not doing well for that weekend good luck but dont expect a nice quiet fishing weekend

Quote Originally Posted by lydnbob View Post
    you can tube in the pvr its about 3/4 mile walk from the upper end lil less from lower but you go up a good hill its a great event for the local businesses but you have to like crowds..almost like opening day went once and it was enough for me...i will go before and after and have always done well...caught a 7 lb rainbow from there two years ago...they do alot of stocking prior and never heard of anyone not doing well for that weekend good luck but dont expect a nice quiet fishing weekend
    Hahahaha
    That was my next question, how crowded is it. You answered my question. I'll defiantly try PVR next time I go to the Sierra but I kinda go up there for the peace and quite. The 2nd week of September is the best time.( all the kiddies are back in school)

if you want peace and quiet fish the river below not many do with any luck but if you know how you can catch 20-30 browns in a day with know problem...just have to be willing to lose alot of hooks and sinkers...but its fun to watch some poor guy been sitting there drowning powerbait while you throw a few brownies back into the river

IT IS A GREAT TROUT EVENT TO FISH WITH LOTS OF NICE TROUT AND GREAT PRIZES,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE UP THERE FISHING TODAY AND CAUGHT A COUPLE NICE ALPERS PIGS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,IVE FISHED THE PVR SINCE THE EARLY 70'S THIS IS TIME TIME OF THE YEAR FOR GREAT FISHING,,,,,,,,,,

get one of those hogs out of the river....thats a blast

Been going the last 3 years. They stock the heck out of the lower Owens and PVR for the derby. Everyone catches fish!
    Last edited by sierraslam; 03-08-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast