Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.Ting the Slabs – Perchin’ It Up! Sunday 3/3/13 Plus “Secret” A.O. Revealed!

Good Lord, those Perch are huge. I haven't hit the sand in over a month, looks like it's time.
    See you next weekend at the poker tournament Commander.

Sokha

Yep, that's a fine catch but the pics going up on my wall are of Wings at the trout farm..too funny..

That was a cool session,,but romeo takes the cake bro,,that pup owns

Arthur, I see Bones with SWAT Gloves in the future. Kinda like Mr Dunev and his tie. Hummmmmm

WWO

wait i didnt get the ultra secret spot location

Smile Wingnut's Response...

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    How much fun was that....LOL

Ya know Arthur...... When ever we hit the sand we act like two teenagers ! Good times for sure brotha. I was so spoiled by the bite at that AO a week earlier that I almost forgot what a normal day of fishing was like. By noon you had slid at least 50 perch up on the sand with some real brutes mixed in as well. I stuck with the mini hammer and you went with the pointer 65 and outfished me 2 to 1. You are and always will be the Lucky Craft Slaya in the salt or fresh water. That slider was a nice surprise for me..... I thought I finally stuck perchzilla but knew in about 30 seconds that I had something with a little more spunk. That is only the second bean I've stuck legally on a artificial lure. What a ride!
    When you said "Troutdale....Let's DO IT" I just laughed but I must admit......It was a fun time and the perfect way to end a spontaneous day. Could you imagine if all of the folks at Troutdale were tossing Pointer 65's. It was like shooting fish in a bucket and it felt good hooking up a few folks with some LC's so they could slay as well !
    Thanks for hanging out and slayin some feesh with me brudda !

Peace

BTW...

Romeo is just too cute. Too bad they don't have a shot you could give them and they would stay that size
    I had a blast bro... I caught a Perch on my first cast ever surf fishing. Dana was standing right next to me...
    A Surf Perch got me hooked on surf fishing. We can chase bigger or better game, but there's always a special place in my heart for the Perch.

As for the Trout farm, I felt bad for some of those people who were just sitting there catching nothing and we walk up and were nailing them left & right.
    We gave them a couple of Pointer 65's when we were leaving and they started to catch some too. Made their kids pretty happy.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    those perch make me wanna try fishing
    Hey Tim, who has the lead in the biggest Perch competition between us so far this year.
    Get ready for HG5... coming up in September, I will make the official announcement a little later...

Quote Originally Posted by FishinElectrician View Post
    Incredible, Wingnut!!! Those were some big ol Perch you guys caught!!!

Im headed out there this Friday, rain or shine!!! Im hopin for a pig or two like those!
    Hardcore you are... I like to fish right before the rain, but not during the rain, at least in the surf anyways. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Arthur,

Your report had me in amazement with the size of the perch, Laughing at the SWAT Bucket Brigade and then calling for the girls to see Romeo!

You and Mike had another stellar day on the water and it's cool to see the two of you back in full swing............

I'll see you on the water.
    Hey Terry, grab a bucket and join us next time.
    Here's a few more pics of Romeo for you to show the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by FishNFurious View Post
    Those are some serious TOADS.
    My biggest is a 12 inch perch.
    Hey Vince, a 12" Perch is big for a lot of people...

Quote Originally Posted by frankjz View Post
    Great fun, Arthur! I love the tone and camaraderie between you two! Those perch are fantastic and getting bigger by the minute. Also, that corbina is nothing to sniff at. Good eating for sure. Thanks for the joy you feel.

fz
    Thanks Frank, long time no hear... have you been fishing?
    As for the Corbina, never eaten one... probably tastes like a Yellow Fin Croaker... wait, I haven't eaten one of those either, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Holly Cow! Just another Wingnut/Bones report.

You know the kind we read about all the time. Get up early, hit the beach, catch a ton of fish, eat lunch, get home early and have the misses make you a gourmet meal. What a life................

Kidding aside guys, its great to see some decent numbers along with the grand sizes of those toads.
    The year is starting off well. The best to everyone this year.

WWO
    So far so good on the Perchin' front Bill. We're gonna give the Northern Crew a run for the money this year.

Quote Originally Posted by peanutbutter View Post
    those are some toads im lucky i got in on the fun on saturday if not i would have been drooling over those pics
    ps.x2 on the romeo is just too cute
    You got yourself a Toad too Jean... are you ready for your S.W.A.T. session?
    Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Very, very nice job out there guys! Those were some really nice slugs topped off by a brute of a bean! Can't beat that...great quality, great numbers and great company. I think I'm seeing a pattern to your success Arthur...if I go one way, you need to go the other. Seems like whenever you point the compass in the opposite direction from me, you come out with a great session. Congrats on an incredible day and hats off to the newest addition to pug nation!

Don
    Hey Don, I don't go in the opposite direction on purpose, lol I was telling Mike that I hope you pull out a big a** Halibut from that A.O.
    Tell Nate to get going on the "Mission."

Quote Originally Posted by olfishergal View Post
    Perch, Troutdale and In and out.,,,...........what a day love it, sure want to get back to the surf this year, praying for some help from above to get me to the point I can get out again.......thanks for the read. OFG
    If you really want to do something, you will find a way. If it's not really important to you, you will find an excuse... Hope you can get out there soon Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldlim View Post
    I think I'm gonna hafta try surf fishing one day soon. Looks like a blast! Nice job guys!
    Hey Gerald, you would be a natural at it. If you do decide to give it try one of these days and need assistance and/or advice, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Big Slabs there. Is that glove a new SWAT fashion trend ?
    Good size Corb ta boot.
    DR

Hey Martin, the 65SP LC outfished the jig head mini grub that day... imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    SWAT is on fire! Nice catching fellas! Us mere mortals seem to be skunking it up so much lately, I see nothing but SWAT reports in the surf section. I guess it is now time for me to step it up and bring my A game. Sounds like a great session of salt and fresh water fishin.

BTW--if Mike has only one glove on, does that mean that Arthur has the other one? Awww....that's cute! Glove brothas!
    Bring it Ken... show me what you got!
    Glove Brothers? Hahahaha, uh, no... but Mike borrowed a pair of my wading socks once.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Madrigal View Post
    Boys, boys, boys...THAT was AWESOME! Loved the read Arthur! What slabs! "Pugnation" is so Dang CUTE! Like WWO said, Romeo, for the ladies....;)

Great report, and Bones, good to see your smiling face! You guys look like you had a great day out there. NEver get old!!!!
    Thanks Greg, I did your reports too.
    Never get old... true that bro, true that!

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    Nice job catching guys!

I can't believe that you stopped for trout after that trip. Especially truck trout, ewe!!!
    Hey, maybe someday, the DFW will be stocking legal Halibut in the surf... I'll be truck chasin'...

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    FYI Martin......

The gloves main purpose is to provide me with a gentle grip on the perch while I unhook them. With a wet bare hand I have a tendency to squeeze too hard on the perch during hook removal and the big girls are starting to preggo up. In the past I have felt bad when I go to grab the perch and she pops all of her babies onto the sand.Using the glove to just cradle them in my hand and using the mini lead head with a grub provides me with peace of mind that I am going to be able to hold them,unhook them quickly and get them back in the water after a quick photo session.

Yeah the glove gets wet after you catch the first perch but they are very thin runners gloves and dry fast too.
    Awww Mike, you are so kind to those Sea Kittens...
    Quote Originally Posted by midgettosser1 View Post
    Oh man. You guys are killing me. Might actually have to wake up early this weekend and hit the surf.

I wish I could have witnessed two surf fishing legends fishing troutdale.

"Rule 3: Don't handle the water." Classic.
    Hey bro, I'm a firm believer in leading by example... but don't follow our example and make Troutdale a habit, lol

Quote Originally Posted by carpinator View Post
    Great report!!!! Still low sand crab counts? Those pigs are hungry and eating everthing they can get their mouths on.
    The spot we fished on Sunday didn't have many Sand Crab beds at all, and the ones we saw were pretty small, maybe a small patch here and there. But in some areas, especially in SAMO, there are massive beds.

Quote Originally Posted by koifish View Post
    very nice report on perch....I have not been to the surf for a month. too much skunk duct's trips for me now LOL....time to get back to the sand.
    Get back out there, those big Piggies are waiting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by troublehook View Post
    Good Lord, those Perch are huge. I haven't hit the sand in over a month, looks like it's time.
    See you next weekend at the poker tournament Commander.

Sokha
    It's time bro, you and Binh should hit the sand soon. See you next weekend, make sure you bring a lot of cash, lol

Quote Originally Posted by sidified View Post
    Yep, that's a fine catch but the pics going up on my wall are of Wings at the trout farm..too funny..
    Hey Sid, we need to fish together soon, been too long my friend. If you can tear yourself away from the Hollywood Limelight, let me know, we'll set something up!

Quote Originally Posted by keepemlo View Post
    That was a cool session,,but romeo takes the cake bro,,that pup owns
    Thanks Stan, that pup is a handful right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Arthur, I see Bones with SWAT Gloves in the future. Kinda like Mr Dunev and his tie. Hummmmmm

WWO
    Hey Bill, I have a pair of S.W.A.T. boxer shorts...

Quote Originally Posted by lostfisherman View Post
    wait i didnt get the ultra secret spot location
    Read the report again very carefully... you will find the spot. If not, shoot me a PM for detailed directions, lol

Hey Commander!

You always seem to have quality time .... where ever ..... and with all! I admire you for this sir!
    Thank you for the fun read Sir!

PS....I realize, that the Jackson glove must be waterproof........but the entire network wants to know......when Lt. Bones dropped his waders which we all have to now and then......did the glove stay on??

SP Dan <"))><

Wow! Wide open pig bites. Great job out there guys. Hopefully I get to get out there soon and jump on that wide open bite! Feels like its been forever.
    Mike,......NICE BEAN! Must've been a beastly fight with your light set-up .. Bet you thought you caught "the 19" perch
    Thanks for revealing your super secret AO. I think I want to take my nephews there to catch some trout one day. I hope you're right about being wide open.

Awesome report.

Thien

BTW, is that your new pug puppy???

Arturo,
    Like always, you and Mike seem to have a great time...
    I know it's early in the season, but it's already looking better than last year.
    I am very anxious to get out in the surf with all my friends soon and hope everyone scores alegal flatty.
    I think back to 2 years ago and all the crazy wide open bites, where almost everyone was on a great fish..
    Any chance that you are going to go out for some local rock fish trips on your boat?!?
    I think you should. If not, at least take it to S.B. when the WSB bite goes off...
    You know Mikey will Buddy Boat with you!

Mike,
    Thanks for the invite to get some toad perch, but work takes priority right now.
    Nice looking bean you got there!
    I might give it a go a few times this year with the C-rig & SC's.

The both of you take care & I look forward to seeing each of you in the surf.
    Robert
    <><

P.S. Romeo is the Man (er, Pup!)

Those are some big Porkers that you guys pulled in.
    I think I'm going to take Maddie with her Little Mermaid pole to the secret spot. She's going to poach out your spot.
    Another Pug??? How many do you guys have now, four?
    See you next Saturday at the poker tourney bro.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast