Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.Ting the Slabs – Perchin’ It Up! Sunday 3/3/13 Plus “Secret” A.O. Revealed!

Perch, Troutdale and In and out.,,,...........what a day love it, sure want to get back to the surf this year, praying for some help from above to get me to the point I can get out again.......thanks for the read. OFG

I think I'm gonna hafta try surf fishing one day soon. Looks like a blast! Nice job guys!

Big Slabs there. Is that glove a new SWAT fashion trend ?
    Good size Corb ta boot.
    DR

SWAT is on fire! Nice catching fellas! Us mere mortals seem to be skunking it up so much lately, I see nothing but SWAT reports in the surf section. I guess it is now time for me to step it up and bring my A game. Sounds like a great session of salt and fresh water fishin.

BTW--if Mike has only one glove on, does that mean that Arthur has the other one? Awww....that's cute! Glove brothas!

Boys, boys, boys...THAT was AWESOME! Loved the read Arthur! What slabs! "Pugnation" is so Dang CUTE! Like WWO said, Romeo, for the ladies....;)

Great report, and Bones, good to see your smiling face! You guys look like you had a great day out there. NEver get old!!!!

Nice job catching guys!

I can't believe that you stopped for trout after that trip. Especially truck trout, ewe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Big Slabs there. Is that glove a new SWAT fashion trend ?
    Good size Corb ta boot.
    DR

FYI Martin......

The gloves main purpose is to provide me with a gentle grip on the perch while I unhook them. With a wet bare hand I have a tendency to squeeze too hard on the perch during hook removal and the big girls are starting to preggo up. In the past I have felt bad when I go to grab the perch and she pops all of her babies onto the sand.Using the glove to just cradle them in my hand and using the mini lead head with a grub provides me with peace of mind that I am going to be able to hold them,unhook them quickly and get them back in the water after a quick photo session.

Yeah the glove gets wet after you catch the first perch but they are very thin runners gloves and dry fast too.

Oh man. You guys are killing me. Might actually have to wake up early this weekend and hit the surf.

I wish I could have witnessed two surf fishing legends fishing troutdale.

"Rule 3: Don't handle the water." Classic.
    Last edited by midgettosser1; 03-06-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Great report!!!! Still low sand crab counts? Those pigs are hungry and eating everthing they can get their mouths on.

very nice report on perch....I have not been to the surf for a month. too much skunk duct's trips for me now LOL....time to get back to the sand.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast