Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Elizabeth Lake

Default Elizabeth Lake

anyone been up there lately?? i heard they have been stocking trout but ive never gone up there and its only a 10 minute drive.

last summer me and a friend where DESTROYING the crappie. 30+ a day haha.

I need to get back over there, please report!!!

There was a small fish kill in the area I visited last month. A couple hundred dead on the shore, and a few dozen bullheads. I didn't see any trout or bass. The lake is the lowest that I've ever seen it. I went back last week and the crappie aren't hitting yet. It will probably be a couple of months. The trout that the DFW supposedly stocks usually disappear into the void pretty quickly.

Couple of things to know before you go:

Bees EVERYWHERE. Scented baits will attract them like crazy.
    Bathrooms are disgusting... no running water. You're better off hiding in the bushes and doing your business lol

Other than that, it's a nice lake and isn't packed like the other popular lakes around the area (Castaic and Pyramid)

yea, my grampa and gfs dad talk about how they use to catch LMB all the time there if you could figure it out it may be a good alternative to castaic and pyramid.