Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3-3-13 report

Default 3-3-13 report

I hit the lake from 6a-11a. Was a beautiful nice day I saw the water temp reach 57. I threw a t-rig all up and down the eastside and tire reef and got skunked. Theres always next time

Same here.. Not a bite today :(

i fished for two hours yesterday also. lot 12 area on the north bank up against the reeds. fished bottom, and surface area to no avail. i spoke w a fellow and his son in the parking lot; he said they each caught one fish on the opposite bank. water was 58. next time. nice day, fun fishin' in spite of no success. it is better than staying at home. perhaps again today in the afternoon i'll fish the opposite bank where that fellow said he had found a few fish.

I was there friday, worked the east end reed line, caught 2, 15" males in the am, then nothing till right before sunset, then in a flurry, caught 3 more, again in the reeds. Best was 4.5 lb female. 18" but she was FAT! bout ready to pop! lol
    The fish are definitely starting to make their way up to the shallows. :)

BK

was out last Thurs....8-2 ..... blew like hell til 10 ...... but lots of boats ..... managed 4 but 2 1/2 was biggest .... decent fish, not huge ..... only saw one other boat get one on artificials, however I am sure others got some ....BUT saw one other guy, well anchored in the wind throwing 'dads, catch several really big fish .... one had to be over 10 while a few at 5+ ...... mine came split-shotting in 15-20' ...... key is to work slowly ..... or use crawdads !!.....:)...... thanks for posting your report ..... been pretty quiet lately......

Yea it has been very quiet in the perris section. I get online everyday hoping to see some new action in this section. I saw alot of people piled up at tire reef on sunday but didnt see any action. I was thinking about using crawdads too but wasnt sure if its legal to use the ones from the bait shop around the corner from the lake. I think I might hit up the lake tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Perris_holic View Post
    Yea it has been very quiet in the perris section. I get online everyday hoping to see some new action in this section. I saw alot of people piled up at tire reef on sunday but didnt see any action. I was thinking about using crawdads too but wasnt sure if its legal to use the ones from the bait shop around the corner from the lake. I think I might hit up the lake tomorrow
    Those crawdads are perfectly fine to use at Lake Perris. I have used them multiple times. They work well, yet they are expensive, $1 a piece. Get the smaller ones that are more of a green pumpkin than the massive reddish ones with huge claws.

Bent Rods For Life,
    Rapala17

Quote Originally Posted by halopower View Post
    was out last Thurs....8-2 ..... blew like hell til 10 ...... but lots of boats ..... managed 4 but 2 1/2 was biggest .... decent fish, not huge ..... only saw one other boat get one on artificials, however I am sure others got some ....BUT saw one other guy, well anchored in the wind throwing 'dads, catch several really big fish .... one had to be over 10 while a few at 5+ ...... mine came split-shotting in 15-20' ...... key is to work slowly ..... or use crawdads !!.....:)...... thanks for posting your report ..... been pretty quiet lately......
    The online buzz will be coming by the end of this month for sure, so be ready for the "spawn-fishermen" to plaster the forum with their reports and catches weekly.

Bent Rods For Life,
    Rapala17

Big red 'dads work fine. Back when I used to do "skin"mounts (taxidermy), almost every big bass that I worked on had one or more of the big red crawfish in their stomachs. Pincers and all. I'm talking about trophy-sized, 10 pounds and over..

Wow I had no idea they worked that good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast