Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Corona 3/2/13

Default Corona 3/2/13

Launched the tubes from the south side at 7:30 and fished the area behind the tackle shop for nada. Headed over to trout point/ east inlet area where I caught two trout and witnessed a very lucky fisherman. Guy riding solo on a boat hooks into a monster trout that did not want to get landed. The trout is visible but just out of reach and somehow the line gets tangled at the rod tip during the fight. The guy tries to free the tangle and ...SNAP, trout gets away. Whomp whomp. The guy pulls himself together after letting out a few four letter words, reties and casts back out and within a few minutes, BAM hooks into another monster trout, probably the same one as earlier. The fish heads towards my direction so I pull up my lines and kick away to give the dude some fighting space. He gets the fish to the boat and finally nets the monster. He ended up taking 1st place with the 19.11 pounder. Good job man, way to stay persistent! I fish the area for a couple more hours then head back over to the back of the bait shop where I catch my third and last fish of the day. Packed up our gear and headed to the scale for the results show. It was great view seeing all four of the winners posing as a group with their DD fish.

Today was a big fish tourney!!