Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pismoing....New species & new PB

Default Pismoing....New species & new PB

I always wanted to give this a try.... :)

Met with a buddy, another Devil Dog who have done it many times before at 1430 at an undisclosed stretch of beach at the outgoing tide. H said he was out a few days prior and he had gotten limits of Pismos in 25 minutes.

When I'd arrived he had already got 2 in his bucket and he was only there 2 minutes. He quickly the "how-to" brief and in the water we went.

Water was about in the high 50's. He was wearing a wetsuit and I, fishing shorts and a T-shirt. Water was a bit chilly but nothing to run home and cry to mommy about.

He let me borrow some gloves, his custom made clam probing device, and his USMC standard issue recruit laundry bag from when he went to boot camp (waaaaaayyyyyy before my time :lol:) to put the clams in.

Anyways......

Here's a few pictures of the end result.

In water for about 45 mins and went home wet, sandy, and happy happy happy

Too easy and more fun then throwing C4 at a campfire.
    Last edited by Re8elmonk0341; 02-28-2013 at 07:56 AM.

Those look amazing! Try one raw with a dash of tabasco. Nice job out there!

I have with the smaller ones, but instead I'd used Tapatio and a squeeze of lime and they are yummy. These are a little too big hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Re8elmonk0341 View Post
    These are a little too big hahaha

SLice them up and make handrolls topped with uni. You will not regret this. I love clams!

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post

SLice them up and make handrolls topped with uni. You will not regret this. I love clams!
    Might have try that....these are gonna be clam cocktail

Damn... those Clams are humongous. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Damn... those Clams are humongous. Enjoy!
    hey hey hey, you watch your mouth!!! Lol thanks dude.

Wow...great score RM!!! It's gotta be over 35 years since I've dug up a legal Pismo...not that I've tried. Looks like some good eats there.

Thanks for sharing!
    Don
    Last edited by bachiboy; 02-28-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Hi ya Re8elmonk0341,

Hmmmm ... Yummmm!
    One of my all time, very most top ten sea treats .... on my favorites list to ever enjoy!
    Good job Marine....on digging the enemy right out of their trenches ..... and for putting the heat of interrogation on them and forcing them to open up ... and the clever shaking of the Tapatia and lime juice down their throats until they divulged the where-a-bouts of their comrades! Yes indeed........you are one force to be reckoned with Sir! They probably heard that the water board interrogation was coming up next! Ha ha ha!

So tell me Rithy.... how far down in the sand did you plant your C-4 explosives to effectively pop these lil' guys right out of their beds??

"Oh....I can dig it, dig it, dig it....she can dig it .....we can dig it ....they can dig it, dig it.......Oh... my baby..... can you dig it...baby??" Ha ha ha! the devil made me do it!

Thanks for the clamming report!

PS ... I'm looking forward to hooking it up in the sand with you Sir!

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 03-01-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Nice Clams there. Chowder Time.
    Haven't had any clam chowder in years.
    They have a old school floating restaurant in Port Of LA near the draw bridge off Alameda.
    Called ' The Chowder Barge '

Built in 1934 as a support vessel for "Mutiny On The Bounty", the Chowder Barge had been in the Panter family for the last 40 years.
    To keep it A'float, it was hauled out in 1974 and ferro cemented.
    Then in late 1988 it was outsted from West 7th Street Landing & Marina for the Port Of Long Beach expansion.
    Come read the articles and see old photos of this unique historical floating restaurant.
    The new owners are proud to show off this gem they're polishing up !

http://www.chowderbarge.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Hi ya Re8elmonk0341,

Hmmmm ... Yummmm!
    One of my all time, very most top ten sea treats .... on my favorites list to ever enjoy!
    Good job Marine....on digging the enemy right out of their trenches ..... and for putting the heat of interrogation on them and forcing them to open up ... and the clever shaking of the Tapatia and lime juice down their throats until they divulged the where-a-bouts of their comrades! Yes indeed........you are one to be reckoned with Sir! They probably heard that the water board interrogation was coming up next! Ha ha ha!

So tell me Rithy.... how far down in the sand did you plant your C-4 explosives to effectively pop these lil' guys right out of their beds??

"Oh....I can dig it, dig it, dig it....she can dig it .....we can dig it ....they can dig it, dig it.......Oh... my baby..... can you dig it...baby??" Ha ha ha! the devil made me do it!

Thanks for the clamming report!

PS ... I'm looking forward to hooking it up in the sand with you Sir!

SP Dan <"))><
    LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast