Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2-24-13 san diego big bay WFO on the fly

Great report, thats a nice collection of flies you have there. Im just starting to take an interest in fishing the fly for the salty bass.

Flyfishing MD, what weight rod and line would you recomend for fishing spotties?

Thanks in advance,

Tight lines!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jess View Post
    Great report, thats a nice collection of flies you have there. Im just starting to take an interest in fishing the fly for the salty bass.

Flyfishing MD, what weight rod and line would you recomend for fishing spotties?

Thanks in advance,

Tight lines!
    i have 4 set up's.... 6w for tubbing with 200g sinking line for 20'....a 7w with 300g sinking line for boat or kayak for 25to 30'....a 8w my favorite with 350 sinking tip line for boat or kayak...30' to 35'....and my 12w with 500g orange sinking tip line for big fish catalina or la jolla.....GOOD LUCK...

Thanks for the info MD, looking forward to hookin some salty bass on the fly.

20 SBB is a very, very nice session...
    Is it time for me to get a fly fishing set-up?!?
    Thanks for the report,
    Robert
    <><

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123