Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giant Pacu

Default Giant Pacu

Thought this was a cool pic of A huge Black Pacu that Nick Perez caught near Miami, Fl

LMAO photo shop its a trigger fish

No.. it's a Pacu, and it's real. My friend fishes with this guy. Pacus can get huge, even bigger than this. I Know fish very well.. Triggers do not look like this. Have an entirely different dorsal fin structure. There's Pacus all over south Florida.

Pac me that's big!

That is one giant nut cracking beast!!!! LocallyI used to catch a few out of Reseda Park before they remodeled, and you can still catch them at Lake balboa.

Here is a pic of the Pacu my brother and I caught at Lake Balboa many moons ago:

It's a pacu, people who own aquariums buy a silver dollar sized fish, in 2 years that fish is too expensive to feed. Try to sell it back to an aquarium shop, they'll say no thanks. I used to feed mine dry dog food after a while. Eating machines.

Theodore Roosevelt wrote of catching and eating pacu in his book Through the Brazilian Wilderness.[47][48] He described them as "good-sized, deep-bodied fish," and noted, "They were delicious eating." (wiki lift)

They are a relative of piranha (different teeth however).

Quote Originally Posted by Ssortasober View Post
    It's a pacu, people who own aquariums buy a silver dollar sized fish, in 2 years that fish is too expensive to feed. Try to sell it back to an aquarium shop, they'll say no thanks.
    Yeah, responsible pet owners are hard to find these days.

Reminds me of the small red ear sliders they sell in Chinatown. Half of them end up dead after a few months, and the other half are eventually dumped into our local waters after mouth breathers realize that the turtles grow up.

(Also, my bad for contributing to a thread that was posted three years ago. Apparently digging up posts from 2013 is the new form of entertainment round these parts, and I'm happy to contribute to the legacy.)

Quote Originally Posted by EDBSIP View Post
    Here is a pic of the Pacu my brother and I caught at Lake Balboa many moons ago:

Dude, you're 50 cents richer!

Wow this is an old post,and wow that is a big pacu!

Cya Tuna Vic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast