Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T. Annual Gathering - Sunday 2/24 in Beautiful Santa Barbara.

I'm sorry to miss this event Arthur, but I had to help a friend in need.
    You know the situation and thank you for your understanding and support bro.
    I was so looking forward to going the day before and then I got the phone call that ruined my plans for Sunday.
    The Gathering of Eagles was no doubt a great success due to the individuals involved. I have fished with many of the SWAT members and they are as advertised. A closely knit group of brothers sharing the passion of fishing. Eventhough I'm not a part of SWAT, yet, I feel very lucky to call them my friends.
    Way to honor Dana's code of family, friends fun and fishing, he would indeed be proud.

After missing last years Gathering of Eagles, I tried my best to make this one. I had a awkward fall Thursday night while playing some basketball that managed to hurt my left knee and shin pretty bad. I managed to give him a deal he couldnt resist and off we were to Santa Barbara. I met up with some of the guys at greylight and hit the surf to our best ability, the amounts of laughs was insane. I couldnt be a happier man, I was glad I was able to make the event. Seeing old faces and some new ones was awesome, it doesnt get better than gathering with some of the coolest guys out there.

I would personally like to thank everyone for the great food, company and laughs that we shared. Im glad I was able to share this day with my brothers and sisters, hopefully I will be able to attend the gatherings in the future and continue to share Dana's vision.

Till next time!
    -Frank

Thank you all who came to my neck of the woods to spend a day here in beautiful Santa Barbara with me, and my northern brothers. I have so been looking forward to having the SWAT group as guests up here, i tried my darndest to get us on some good bites. To me, surf fishing is one of the hardest things to plan on, as conditions are changing faster then you can keep up with, and I've come to the conclusion that sometimes you just got to guess on how things will pan out. I enjoyed myself thoroughly, got to meet the newbies, see the southern clan fishing, share my food, and give all their girl friends some friendly ribbing. I even got to chat with Lyn, whom I am on a mission to get to come to one of these events. Thank you all for coming, and know we do love the comraderie of our group. Maybe Arthur will let us fish in HG5!!!! Mikey

Here's a couple of photos of the Southern Santa Barbara group. Conditions were challenging but hey, we had a great time anyways. Dave Sommers

Brad Bailey seen fishing the +3' tide going for that last fish. His largest for the day was 15" Way to go Brad

The fish were a smaller variety within our group, here's a 12", the largest I found today was 13".

Last edited by Perchin' Dave; 02-26-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Looks like a great day... but no shovel nose???

I'm so bummed that I couldn't make it up there Art. Binh was my ride and well, we know what happened.
    Thanks for the invite bro and we'll definitely make it to the next one.
    SWAT throws a mean party, the food, my oh my. Hope to fish with you guys again soon.

Thank you to all the northern SWAT crew and everyone else that made this event possible. It was a great day with good company and awesome weather
    Even with the crazy amount of salad, almost everyone was able to hookup Congrats on pulling out the 15incher in those conditions Brad!
    This was my first official SWAT event and I had a great time meeting everyone and hanging out, and the food was delicious!
    Looking forward to the next get together

-Daniel

Phuong was telling me all about it yesterday at the shop and it sounded like so much fun.
    SWAT is first class all the way. Fishing is fun, but fishing with family and friends is the ultimate.
    I never met Dana but I'm sure he would have been been impressed with the way SWAT is carrying on his legacy.
    See you at the next poker party.

Vincent

Great pics, I really enjoyed the report. Very well done S.W.A.T

To the S.W.A.T Team

It was a awesome day with lot of good friend ship and just being around all of my S.W.A.T Team family and friends.

Saltman..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast