Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T. Annual Gathering - Sunday 2/24 in Beautiful Santa Barbara.

Red face S.W.A.T. Annual Gathering - Sunday 2/24 in Beautiful Santa Barbara.

Sunday was the annual gathering for all S.W.A.T. members and their family & friends.

Family, Friends, Fun, Fishing and Food! Dana would have had a blast hanging out with the Crew. Long live the legacy of Fisherman 57.

The event was hosted by our Northern S.W.A.T. Chapter Brethren Mikey (Exfactor), Bill (Which Way Out), Dave (Perchin' Dave), Roy (Q3Fishboy) and Brad (new Prospect). Thank you for being such great hosts gentlemen.

Approximately thirty S.W.A.T. Members and Prospects, along with their friends and family attended the event. Those who were fishing, broke up into three groups and hit different spots on the Santa Barbara coast line at grey light. Mikey was presenting trophies for the biggest Perch and the most exotic catch. So everybody was engaged in the friendly competition for bragging rights among our S.W.A.T. Brothers & Sisters. When the fishing was done, we all met up for some relaxation and an all out pot luck, BBQ, fun & festivities session. The fishing was fair, the food was great and the company was the best!

To me, the day wasn't about the fishing, it was much more than that. It was a day spent with Family & Friends... any catching that we did, was just a bonus.

Thanks to all that made the long drive, or short ones... to join us. To the few that couldn't make it, we missed you guys out there. I had a great time seeing everybody again and catching up with those we don't get to see so often. The friendship and camaraderie among us is second to none. This is what it's all about!

I'll see all of you again soon, hopefully on the sand or at the very least, at the Hunting Giants 5 Surf Fishing Event in September.

"The only people you should allow in your life are the ones that prove they deserve to be there..."

Pictures will tell the story...

Group #1 - Meeting up with me at grey light.
    My apologies to the guys that started with me at grey light. The A.O. was obviously not the right call as the weed condition was out of control and the area was barely fishable.

Gearing up...

Mike (Midgettosser1) ready to go.

Frank (iLLest)

Don (Bachiboy) with a Skunkbuster.

Here's my Skunkbuster, lol

Terry (Pontoon) with one of his many Perch.

Lots of anglers... not enough Perch.

Pontoon with a little bigger BSP. Terry hit a nice hole and I saw him pull out 3 or 4 fish in a few minutes.

Everybody swooped in to poach his spot, lol

Daniel (Dlmoo312) with a decent model.

My biggest Perch of the day.

That's all the fish pics I have... I'm sure others will post up their catches too.

Party pics...

Me and Phuong (Blackwater) Thanks for coming out of hiding to join us bro.

Here I am with surf fishing veterans Anthony (Sharkbait) and Jerry (JerrG).

Our first S.W.A.T. Couple Jason (Jaysuuun) and Tess (Tesserz). Have fun in Hawaii and good luck with the wedding!

Marc (BSP) and his Dad Nick.

Here I am with Mr. Nice Guy Dan (SP Dan).

Fire Captain Steve (Flyngby) took some time out of his busy schedule to join us.

Sorry about the lost rod & reel combo.

Jonathan (ToadsToadsOnly) and girlfriend Sylvia.

Northern S.W.A.T. Crew members Dave (Perchin' Dave) and new S.W.A.T. Prospect Brad.

Here I am with the "Legendary" Team TrollToon. Terry (Pontoon) and Chris (Trollmiester).

Northern S.W.A.T. Crew member Roy (Q3Fishboy) and his girlfriend Hunter.

Northern S.W.A.T. member Bill (Which Way Out) and wife Noriko.

Me and the Northern S.W.A.T. Commander Master Yoda Mikey (Exfactor)

Lucas (Mr_Dunev) and girlfriend Tammy.

Frank (iLLest), Arthur (Wingnut), Mike (Bones) and Mike (Midgettosser1)

Marco (Have2Fish) Good to see you again bro.

Don (Bachiboy) and family.

Phuong (Blackwater) and family.

Here I am with Prospect Thien (Bloox8), Ramiro (Saltman), Andrew (Fish_Sauce) and our newest member Daniel (Dlmoo312).

The one and ONLY TrollMiester. Thanks for the batch of Grape Leaves Wraps Chris... ate them all for lunch today.

Mike aka Lieutenant Bones and myself rocking the Team 57 gear.

Bill & Noriko cooking up some delicious ribs.

My Mom's 100 egg rolls going fast!

Everybody getting in line for a hot bowl of Mikey's famous Clam Chowder.

Delicious!

Mikey presenting the trophy for the biggest Perch of the day to Brad, our new S.W.A.T. Prospect.
    Congrats on the nice 15"+ BSP Brad.

It was a clean sweep for the S.W.A.T. Northern Crew. Brad taking the trophy for the biggest Perch and Dave taking the exotic trophy for a Walleye Perch.

Our Northern S.W.A.T. Crew.
    Thanks again for putting together a great gathering for the Team.

Family, Friends, Fun & Fishing... here's to you Dana.

Arthur, I've got to say that the entire time we were all fishing along the beach and during the potluck all I could think of was how happy Dana would have been to be there with us carrying on the tradition of Family, Friends, Fun and Fishing. Danas Legacy lives on now and I'm confident it will for a long time. Dana presented the "Daniel Award" to the right man!

The Northern SWAT Chapter, Mikey, Bill, Dave, Roy and New Prospect Brad all did a great job hosting the Gathering...........Thanks guys!

Now I've got to give a special shout out to Northern SWAT Chapter Member Bill (Which Way Out), for his hospitality and for putting up with Team Trolltoon Saturday evening with a tour of the Goleta and Santa Barbara area along with some of the dining establishments in the vacinity. And, Thank you Noriko for allowing Bill to spend some time with us!

Bill had picked out a sea food place for us at Stearns Wharf but Trolly reminded me that he was allergic to shellfish so Bill suggested we try the steak house back up the Wharf a ways but we soon found out Trolly had an allergy to $70.00 steaks as well.
    We did stop in briefly for a drink and as fate would have it when the waiter delivered Trollys Bloody Mary it had a great big shrimp on the top of the glass and he couldn't touch it!
    Being a good fishing partner I traded him my glass of iced tea and all was good......I don't know what Bill was thinking here but we did have a few laughs over the deal.

Then, Trolly got his hands on the camera.................

Key word here..........."Complimentary".......... I parked my own car.......

Now after getting a tour of Stearns Wharf we finally made it to "The Nugget"..........Right across the street from the hotel!
    Bill, once again, It was a blast sharing stories and some laughs. Thanks for your hospitality!

The morning of the gathering Trolly and I decided to head over to the Goleta Beach rendezvous point and we were greeted by a few of the SWAT Team ready to hit the beach and do some serous perchin'

I didn't get any pictures while we were on the beach but here are some at the picnic area of the SWAT members carrying on the Legacy of our Good Friend Dana, Fisherman 57,.........Family, Friends, Fun and Fishing with some Real Good Food thrown in as well...........

I just want to say to all my SWAT Brothers and Sisters I enjoyed every minute spent on the beach and at the picnic area with all of you! I'm looking forward to sharing the beach with you again and I'm looking forward to all the 2013 SWAT Reports.............
    Last edited by PONTOON; 02-25-2013 at 06:28 PM.

My SWAT brothers and sisters,
    Thank you all for a great outing as always. The fish were shy, conditions weren’t great, but I had wonderful time nonetheless! For the past week, I was so caught up on trying to come up with an original thesis on the concept of entropy and how it’s related to the cosmic evolution…needless to say, I was pretty pooped come Sunday—but seeing everyone again, meeting new faces, reacquainting with old familiars, and spending time on the water really helped to ease the mind. It was well worth the drive! Looking forward to the next Hunting Giants event, and I hope to see you all there!

Andrew

Last edited by fish_sauce; 02-28-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Hey Commander!

I'm in a holding pattern ..... hold on... wait for it .... I'll be back!

First of all.....I wish to tip my hat to the entire Northern S.W.A.T. Chapter: Mikey (Exfactor), Bill (Which Way Out), Dave (Perchin' Dave), Roy (Q3Fishboy) and Brad (our newest Prospect). Cud-dos to my comrades!
    I had such a good time visiting with each and every one of you......thank you for your second-to-none hospitality! You guys pulled this gathering event together and slammed it right out of the park .... out over the center field fence! Thank you guys ..... I had a blast!

Because our S.W.A.T. group is so spread out .... this gathering of the Brethren was the perfect opportunity to catch up on the good times with those that I've recently spent time with in the salt and to build stronger, lasting bonds of friendship with those that I seldom have the opportunity to fish with, let alone get to visit with! I am proud to refer to all of you as my S.W.A.T. Family and I look forward to hooking-it-up in the salt with each of you again! And if not sooner ..... then at least at this years coming HG-5!

Thank you to everyone for all of the delicious food! I know that I was only able to waddle away after devouring so many irresistible goodies and treats! Special cud-dos to: Bill & Noriko for their delicious ribs , Mikey for his famous amongst S.W.A.T. Clam Chowder , Tammy (the chief) for her scrumptious shrimp ceviche , Mike (Mr Bones) for his delicious (2) two dozen deviled egg sliders and of course to Arthur's Mom for her 100 delicious egg rolls ! The list is too long to mention all ........ but my stomach thanks each and everyone of you that contributed the delectables! Hmmmmmm!

It was great to see everyone there that could attend the gathering .... and of course for those that couldn't attend (including Dana, always in-our-hearts) ......... you were all thought of, your names were mentioned in conversations and all of you were sincerely missed!

Thank you Commander Wingnut (Arthur) for writing this excellent recap (including pictures) of our past weekend's gathering in beautiful Santa Barbara!

PS ..... Did anyone happen to photograph the whale "spy-hopping at the end of the pier??

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 02-26-2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: SP

well thatsthe way to spend the days lokks like a lot of fun,,,everytime i see thr trollster i just gotta smile

Fishing with comrades, plus being with family... (Not to mention, THE FOOD!!!) Very nice!!!

It looked like a beautiful day out there! Hats off to you guys!

To all of my SWAT brothers and sisters........

Thank you for so many fond memories and the future memories to be had. I've always said that it is not about the fishing but rather the Family,Fun and Friendship. Fishing is just the common thread that our "Extended Family" is tied together with and I for one can say ......... I'm very proud and fortunate to have you all in my life.

I didn't even catch one perch on this day but I caught something far more valuable........ A constant smile in my heart and soul ! PRICELESS !
    A special thanks to Arthur........Thank you so much for never giving up on your promise to Dana and being the backbone of not only SWAT,Team57 and the FNN.You are and always will be a born leader my friend.
    And I can't forget Mikey and Bill ........ We couldn't fix the fishing but the area for the picnic couldn't have been any more perfect ....Thanks for the invite to beautiful Santa Barbara !

May all of your dreams come true in this New Year.........On and off the sand !

--------<><
    Last edited by bones; 02-25-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Oh my God,I haven't laughed so hard in years. Trolly is a one man wrecking machine, Dang I am still laughing about the Black Sea Bass story. To hear him tell it in the Steak House with the finely dressed people around was crazy.

Terry, give me a call if you and your wife make it back up soon. Will hit that Seafood Pasta joint and tell some stories. And Chris don't ever change buddy. Your the best!

Let me say, It was a pleasure to be involved in Sundays gathering. My wife (Noriko) is not much into fishing but she really likes when our SWAT members get together. Noriko wanted me to tell everyone she had a great time meeting everyone that she hadn't met already and talking with the others she met at Sid's house last year.
    The family atmosphere was perfect. It will always be something we will look forward to again anytime, anywhere.

Thanks again to everyone that made the long drive. Sorry the fishing wasn't off the hook, but the Sun was warm, the wind was calm and the friendship couldn't of been better.

Many thanks need to go out to MY FISHING Yoda. Mikey you came through big time. You always do, but this time you exceeded beyond the fishing. Not an easy thing to do. Your fishing skills are legendary. I have seen when we have fished out of town how others know of your skills. Very impressive to say the least. I still think you should turn Pro and go make some Big money. That or have your own Chowder House.

Cheers WWO

ps Sid, Noriko was hoping to see you on TV at the Oscar's

ps There will always be an open invitation to my SWAT brothers and sisters to stay the weekend at our less than remodeled home, either to go fishing or just do the tourist thing in Santa Barbara. Always an open door. That includes my Hunting Yoda as well, "Cutbait"
    Here's a few photos to add.

Last edited by Which Way Out; 02-26-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Love that place,looks like you guys had a blast. After reading this you realize that life is so much greater when your surrounded by great people!!! Good Times!!!

Again, all about the fellowship. What a nice get together you threw together guys! Everyone looks so happy! By the way...where's the wind??? IT was so windy down here until Sunday night. Looks like the good Lord blessed you guys once again.

Nice job perchin too fellas! Was that Goleta Pier in the background? should have tried the kelp bed running parallel to it for bass.

See you guys at HG5.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast