Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surf Report 2/23/2013

Quote Originally Posted by FishinElectrician View Post
    By the way, guys. Im looking for a dedicated Lucky Craft rod, so I can throw Flash Minnows, and maybe some of the deeper diving baits when im on the jetties or in my tube in a harbor. Ive got a 8 foot Casting, 8-25lb Phenix Inshore Series rod, but it feels a bit too stiff for treble hook baits. Can you guys throw a couple of recommendations out there for me? Spinning rods? Blanks? Im looking at an MHX Light Saltwater Spinning 7'6" white blank, rated for 10-17 Lb line, to be paired with a Shimano Sahara 2500FD. What do you think?

The LC arsenal is growing in anticipation of this spring and summer.

Anyway. Thanks again!!!
    Nice try out there...that's all we can do is keep trying. Looks like you've got a good start to the LC collection there. As far as the setup you mentioned, it should work fine. 7'6" is as short of a rod that I'd use to throw an LC...I use a 8'6" Clarus. I'd lean toward the softer rod to compensate for the good ol' flattie headshakes and the casting of lighter-weight hardbaits like LCs.

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Nice try out there...that's all we can do is keep trying. Looks like you've got a good start to the LC collection there. As far as the setup you mentioned, it should work fine. 7'6" is as short of a rod that I'd use to throw an LC...I use a 8'6" Clarus. I'd lean toward the softer rod to compensate for the good ol' flattie headshakes and the casting of lighter-weight hardbaits like LCs.
    Well, I use a 8'6" Convergence 8-12 lb for my perch rod, so I might just use that to toss LCs instead of goin out and buyin a new rod. What do you think?

Bu then again, I am eyeing one of those sic a** surf rods from Japan!!! LOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12