Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Can you refresh PBait?

Default Can you refresh PBait?

I always try to tighten them each time I use them ... but a couple or so are a little dry.

Wondered if I should put in a few drops of water and let it set? Let it set how long?

Maybe I could try some berkley scent ... and stir it?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

they used to make the jars out of glass and the lids out of metal, with a little silicone or something rubbery to seal it. Now just plastic, and they dry out. I have put a little water in before and it softened up a little but became rubbery. never the same.

Add some water to them and it will help soften it up. The best way to keep them from drying out and becoming one solid piece in the jar is to keep them out of extreme heat. Store them in a drawer inside the house at room temperature when not using them. Or keep your tackle bag in the closet. When the trout season is over anglers may put their tackle bag in the garage at which the powerbait is exposed to heat. It can dry out.

I've had powerbait in the plastic jars last for many years and they are fine. How is that? By keeping them in a drawer inside the house. I don't use powerbait that much anymore ever since the trout worms came out. Still have the power bait just in case they get picky won't bite anything else.

I wear gloves & knead it with a fresh matching jar of powerbait. Then I split it 50/50 into those 2 jars. I also did it with turbodough since they don't float well.