Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Fish Finder for a tube

Default Fish Finder for a tube

I was thinking about getting a fish/depth finder to use on my tube. Anyone use them on their tubes? Any tips on what to get? Thanks

let me go get the popcorn :wink:

I've got a Fishin Buddy...does the job.

I'm still waiting for it to get here but I got a PiranhaMax 230 Portable, has a wired transducer and the castable wireless transducer, runs on 8xAAs but also ordered a 6ft power cable so I can run it off some 12v lead acid batteries when shore fishing, or the battery on my buddies boat when we're out and about..

http://www.humminbird.com/products.asp?ID=1007

I don't imagine it would be tough to rig up something for your tube, they make some slim lead-acid batteries that only weight a couple pounds..

i have a PiranhaMax 10 tunna killer just put a report up with a pick of me and my set up check it out

Here ya go.. The 230 Portable is the same footprint, just has the dual beam wired transducer and also had the benefit of the wireless castable transducer.

I just got the portable 535 Hummingbird fish finder.. It cost around 225 $ w/ shipping

So far I have used it on an aluminum rental at Irvine Lake.

check it out.

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/ ... age=family

johnsfishing

Default Fish Finder

Go to this site and link to Bass Pros, save 10% I think socalfishn.com. You can find one that runs on 6 AA batteries and mounts to your tube.