Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Refresh GULPS plastics

Default Refresh GULPS plastics

Does anyone know if I can by replacement liquid in my can of GULP lures. Mine overturned and the top was loose and lost approix half. To many in the can to throw away. Any help would be appricated. Thanks.
    Last edited by one long cast; 02-20-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Yes. Gulp Recharge liquid 8oz. $4.99.

And use a different container, those Gulp containers will leak and get crap all over the place.

Default Gulp Refresher

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    And use a different container, those Gulp containers will leak and get crap all over the place.

So this stuff is good for NEW Gulp plastics but whoever said you can refresh old Gulp baits is full of BS. I have found the Gulp plastic get stiff and loose their flexability and they do not absorb or expand out to their original size once they have started to dry out even after soaking in Gulp sauce for months. I never try and recharge Gulp baits anymore. It is a waste of time and space unless the Gulp goes right from your hook back into the sauce.

LBsea, ive fished the gulp squids and had them dry completely out like twice as small as original size.
    I left them in a cup of water for a week or so and they were back to normal actually even better..
    kind of like an old plastic you snag or find on the shore of a lake, how its almost swollen like,,
    this is how the gulp squids were and they actually looked and felt softer too.

p.s those damn gulp containers suck balls, its almost a right of passage for a fisherman to spill it on them or in there bag.lol
    Last edited by Fishbones; 02-20-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbones View Post
    LBsea, ive fished the gulp squids and had them dry completely out like twice as small as original size.
    I left them in a cup of water for a week or so and they were back to normal actually even better..
    kind of like an old plastic you snag or find on the shore of a lake, how its almost swollen like,,
    this is how the gulp squids were and they actually looked and felt softer too.

p.s those damn gulp containers suck balls, its almost a right of passage for a fisherman to spill it on them or in there bag.lol
    Fishbones,
    Thanks for the tip - it would make sense that water would re-hydrate the Gulp. I am going to give it a try and after water then put them back into the sauce.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LBSea View Post
    Fishbones,
    Thanks for the tip - it would make sense that water would re-hydrate the Gulp. I am going to give it a try and after water then put them back into the sauce.

Thanks!
    No problem LBsea... thats what i did after they were totally soaked up and refreshed. Goodluck & tight lines.

Ok, update on GULP refresh on dried out GULP plastics. 24 hours after adding the refresh liquid to the bags, they are now back to there normal sizes and quite a bit more flexable. They stink like they are now going to work. Will update at 48hrs. Thanks for the info GUYS. Also dumped the container and put all of them in a cleaned out large peanut butter jar.
    Last edited by one long cast; 02-21-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Here is the last update on refreashing old gulp baits. The Camo worms are now regular size and very flexible. Looks like the refreash works good on old dried out gulps.