Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Dodgers OFFICIAL 2013 Thread Brought to You by Guggenheim Capital

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I think parking would still be an issue.

We have to be honest with ourselves here and say that even if Dodger Stadium was placed in the middle of 7th and Fig, which has access to major rail lines, nobody would take advantage except the 5 cholos that are left in Echo Park who haven't been gentrified out of their apartment.

You have to take into consideration, as a constant, that Angelenos will NEVER use public transportation. "Nobody Walks in LA." Never knew how true that statement was until I started using public transportation heavily. You tell people that you use public transportation to get to and from work and people look at you like you're a leper. Putting Dodger Stadium in areas where parking is limited would be a disaster. You'd have $40 parking, like you do when the Lakers play at Staples. And Staples holds 18k. Imagine 50k?

If anything, they could tear DS down, and construct a new stadium with multi level parking. Construct all the "LA Live-esque" stuff you want in the areas that you've gained from the multi level parking, and then we can talk. But quite honestly, moving the stadium into a more dense environment would make the situation even worse. I'd hate to think that I'd have to mingle around for hours after the game in a retail environment just so that I can leave the area more quickly.
    Who thinks Boyle Heights will be the next Echo Park? Me. Anyhow...

Good points all. I meant to suggest developing the surrounding area. But now that I think about it, the type of neighborhood Wrigley sits in can't really be duplicated. My theory was that if, as fans do in Chicago, Dodger fans were to hang out in the neighborhood of the stadium after a game, then congestion leaving might not be as severe. I never was much of a civil engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Who thinks Boyle Heights will be the next Echo Park? Me. Anyhow...
    The day El Tepeyac gets turned into a Vegan House of Sustainable Delights will be the day my home increases in value by 200%!

The day El Tepeyac gets turned into a Vegan House of Sustainable Delights will be the day my home increases in value by 200%!
    Oh, man, I once had to attend a party at a vegan/raw place called Gratitude. I have this theory that you can't trust any restaurant with an emotion in it's name. It's a sure.... wait a second. Did I just jack my own thread?

Back on topic. I only eat Dodger dogs because of the setting - kinda like the way old Swedes only eat ludfisk at church potlucks. They are not very good hotdogs.

They are not very good hotdogs.
    You too, eh?

I try to tell people that and they look at me like I'm crazy, which I get a lot. It's as if i've insulted Vin, or something.

I've gotten the opportunity to eat some other ball park's franks and unfortunately, the Dodger Dog just comes up short. The best, that I've had, IMO? The Nathan's Dogs at CITI Field, and a close second would be the Italian sausages they sell at Fenway.

You too, eh?

I try to tell people that and they look at me like I'm crazy, which I get a lot. It's as if i've insulted Vin, or something.

I've gotten the opportunity to eat some other ball park's franks and unfortunately, the Dodger Dog just comes up short. The best, that I've had, IMO? The Nathan's Dogs at CITI Field, and a close second would be the Italian sausages they sell at Fenway.
    Somehow Farmer John has been able to take an all beef hotdog and make it taste like a friggin' turkey frank. I seen eating Dodger Dogs as sorta like a shared suffering kinda thing, like being a Cubs fan, there's something about a little misery that makes the good moments that much better.

Speaking of eating food....Good news from the Giants camp:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ey...-weight-issues

Speaking of eating food....Good news from the Giants camp:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ey...-weight-issues

it's wrong to laugh at someone else's pain. I'm usually wrong.

Man, I just knew Punto was gonna have a break-out Cactus League season!!! Woohoo!!!!!

Also, a friggin' magnet on opening day?? That must be an April Fools joke (although one time I was blessed with some Dugout Club tickets and they were handing out jars of poultry seasoning - I'm not making that up, we still have 'em - so, you never know.)

Man, I just knew Punto was gonna have a break-out Cactus League season!!! Woohoo!!!!!
    And have you seen Yasiel Puig? His 'birth certificate' says he's 22, but he must have been born in the same hospital that Albert Pujols was born in.

If that kid really is 22, then his agent got him into the wrong sport. Get that guy a ticket to Indianapolis so he can participate in the combines and eventually be Ray Lewis's replacement for the Ravens. That guy not only looks like he could run through a brick wall, it looks like he can carry it on his back.

Also, a friggin' magnet on opening day?? That must be an April Fools joke (although one time I was blessed with some Dugout Club tickets and they were handing out jars of poultry seasoning - I'm not making that up, we still have 'em - so, you never know.)
    I'm waiting for La Gran Fiesta – Viva Los Dodgers Day. I get to wear my sombrero, my Valenzuela jersey, and blast my Tigres del Norte CD all the way to the stadium.

I'm waiting for La Gran Fiesta – Viva Los Dodgers Day. I get to wear my sombrero, my Valenzuela jersey, and blast my Tigres del Norte CD all the way to the stadium.
    I know I sound like a giddy schoolgirl, but I wanna see Yasiel take Cain yard - into the parking lot - into the friggin' river...

CG always make me bump El Komander.

I'm at the point now where I'm thinking "How much swag is enough?" How many jersey's, sweatshirts, cheap lunch bags, snuggies, hats, blankets, etc. does a fan need? (Hmm, I think I answered my own question.) But the Kemp sweatshirt does come in an X large, so maybe we might swing by that night...

Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast