Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guide trip tues silverwood striper and trout slay

Best ceviche ever bob! My family ate it up at the striped/trout mix up at thanksgiving, ill be calling you soon for my best friends bday.

Stalker of fish,,,,,,

i assure you that out of the dozens of questions a week and dozens of pm,s bob gets weekly on the whereaboughts and how to,s of the striper bite that he is not just ignoring you .

he,d have to hire a secretary<like GLMFTS> or somebody to answer all the questions he gets here on FNN.

hire him for a day,,,,just saying!,,,,,,,,,,,please don,t take this wrong bro,,,,,no dis,n at you intended here i promise,just trying to help.

TRAIL BLAZER

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    Stalker of fish,,,,,,

i assure you that out of the dozens of questions a week and dozens of pm,s bob gets weekly on the whereaboughts and how to,s of the striper bite that he is not just ignoring you .

he,d have to hire a secretary<like GLMFTS> or somebody to answer all the questions he gets here on FNN.

hire him for a day,,,,just saying!,,,,,,,,,,,please don,t take this wrong bro,,,,,no dis,n at you intended h
    ere i promise,just trying to help.

TRAIL BLAZER

Suckretary

thats you carpboy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

hay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Your wishing YOU had a SUCKRETARY!

Great slay BOB!

WTF
    Two fly fishing adds?
    No No Fing No.
    Bob is not catching fish at the wood on white flys!
    Last week I caught five, today Jack caught five, and Yope caught at least 30.
    None were landed on flys. They might work, but that is not what is getting the job done at the wood.
    I will give it a shot on Sunday W/O flys white or otherwise.
    There were no large fish landed today that I know of.
    There is a whole lot of crap online.
    FYI crap tends to draw flys!

make one wander!

KP

Nice true holdovers none of the hack tail white mushy meat. I've spent some time at a few of those locations pictured and at one of them I've never been skunked. Way to slay!!

I'm sorry but I am not sold on the "true" holdovers, to dispute TO is a dangerous game I must admit, but from photo evidence only I must go with only one of those a confirmed holdover due to coloration of fins and body, the others are suspect to me. But pictures are hard to judge by sometimes. The fish being planted have been full finned and nice colors, even my friend believed he was catching holdovers but ho's at the Wood and BBL have a very distinct look normally.

Sorry, go ahead blast away I can take it!
    Last edited by seal; 02-17-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Seal the one spotted up fish was a mail getting his colors on for the spawn the other 3 were females ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as far as holdovers go they could be held over for a week or a year ,the textbook deal is normally held over a year, but theres a possibillity they could have been born in one of the creeks feeding the lake,they have been spawning there since the lake was opened and the first fish were stocked,they all had fulltails and fought like hell,and had orange meat john confirmed that with me after he got them home and cleaned them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    Seal the one spotted up fish was a mail getting his colors on for the spawn the other 3 were females ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as far as holdovers go they could be held over for a week or a year ,the textbook deal is normally held over a year, but theres a possibillity they could have been born in one of the creeks feeding the lake,they have been spawning there since the lake was opened and the first fish were stocked,they all had fulltails and fought like hell,and had orange meat john confirmed that with me after he got them home and cleaned them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Yes Bob I've caught many that were spawned from the creeks in years past. The oragne meat is more of a confirmation as anything but we've been catching fish on the days of the stock by the marina that looked so good you could swear they were holdovers, hell maybe they were I've only kept a few. But your right they've been planting for a few months you could have got them from an earlier plant. That one fish with the orange fins has been in there much longer than the other ones though I'd bet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast