Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Guide trip tues silverwood striper and trout slay

THERES BIG HOLDOVER FISH IN THERE SEAL, IVE GOT SOME PALS THAT TUBE IN THE SPRING WITH FLY FISHING GEAR AND CATCH REALLY BIG ONES GOING IN FOR THE SPAWN, THEY DONT REPORT ON ANY BOARDS BUT DO TELL ME WHEN THEY ARE CATCHING ,THE SECRET CANT BE TOLD OR THE LAKE WOULD TOTALLY GET RAPED,,,,I JUST LOVE KNOWING THERE DOING THERE THING JUST LIKE IN PYRAMID LAKE,,,,,,,,DESPITE MR STRIPEY,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I'm sorry but I am not sold on the "true" holdovers, to dispute TO is a dangerous game I must admit, but from photo evidence only I must go with only one of those a confirmed holdover due to coloration of fins and body, the others are suspect to me. But pictures are hard to judge by sometimes. The fish being planted have been full finned and nice colors, even my friend believed he was catching holdovers but ho's at the Wood and BBL have a very distinct look normally.

Sorry, go ahead blast away I can take it!
    I think I agree with you on it Seal. If anyone knows the wood, it's you.

Default Fabulous ... very impressive ... and on and on!

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHuck View Post
    I think I agree with you on it Seal. If anyone knows the wood, it's you.
    I was a little surprised to hear such good trout success. Just how good is the Wood for trout ... how big can you catch ... any browns?

I remember when Del East was king lf the lake ... and everyone said it would be the next Crowley ... (Did they ever say that about DVL?)

Best to ya Bob

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    THERES BIG HOLDOVER FISH IN THERE SEAL, IVE GOT SOME PALS THAT TUBE IN THE SPRING WITH FLY FISHING GEAR AND CATCH REALLY BIG ONES GOING IN FOR THE SPAWN, THEY DONT REPORT ON ANY BOARDS BUT DO TELL ME WHEN THEY ARE CATCHING ,THE SECRET CANT BE TOLD OR THE LAKE WOULD TOTALLY GET RAPED,,,,I JUST LOVE KNOWING THERE DOING THERE THING JUST LIKE IN PYRAMID LAKE,,,,,,,,DESPITE MR STRIPEY,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,
    Bob I fly fish and float tube Silverwood quite a bit in the spring, if you fish a black bugger you can get into stripers, holdovers, LMB's etc... Recent holdover populations have been down, I think, but maybe I'm missing something. I will tell you that changes in stocking patterns I believe have had an effect on the lakes holdover trout population, but that belief goes on def ears by those that are in charge of the stocking program.

It's a unique lake and you are dead on about Mr. Stripey not winning the battle, battles are waged annually and the diversity of the lake for some reason means Mr. Stripey only wins a temporary battle but both LMB's and trout find a way. Gotta love mother nature!

HUCK IVE FISHED THERE SINCE IT WAS OPENED,,BILLY THATS WHEN THE WOOD THE PYRAMID AND CASTAIC ALL HAD THE BIG HOLDOVERS ,I USED USED TO HIT ALL THREE LAKES ALL THE TIME IN MY LITTLE BOAT AND MY LEADCORE SETUPS,I DID CATCH BROWNS . MY BUDDY CATCHES 3'S UP TO 7'S ON HIS CUSTOM FLIES IM NOT SURE OF THE PATTERNS HE TIES SEVERAL TYPES OF BUGGERS FOR ME FOR TROLLING THE SIERRA'S,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234