Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Days fishing. 2 Spots W/pics

Default 3 Days fishing. 2 Spots W/pics

i havent done a report in a while but I think i should share. the first spot i fished was 2 days worth. its in LA county and some probably know where it is. it is a popular hike but not so popular with fishing. i dont think people know that there is fish. the trout that i have caught here are all small but have beautiful colors and put up a nice fight lol. the trout are natural which makes it cool. if you know where this spot is please help to keep it clean. its a nice hike but it is destroyed by people who leave their trash on the trail and in the water.

little guy i caught with a couple salmon eggs
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (.jpg 
Views:	559 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	38750
    one of the many pools

Name:	image (3).jpg 
Views:	553 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	38751
    another pool, they are decently big

Name:	image (5).jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	38752
    one of the bigger fish that i caught

Name:	image (4).jpg 
Views:	616 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	38753

The second part of this report is about what happened at Irvine lake for the MLK tourney! long story short is that i fished the tourney on the 1st day (saturday) and was able to get a 7.95 rainbow at the west shore on a pink white mice tail. this was my first tourney and i only caught 1 other fish that day but this one easily made my day. good enough for 3rd place and $280. i shall be doing more tourneys for sure! thanks irvine for putting on a great tournament.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	38754

PS. I pressed refresh before i submitted this thread and everything got deleted so i had to rewrite it all. when i was typing it up it says auto-saved on the bottom right. if its auto saved how do i get it back after it has been deleted. THANKS FOR READING and if you can answer my question please do. THANKS!!
    *Jbfish*

Nice report! Congrats on your big catch at Irvine.

nice job out there. great job fishin an LA spot. way to explore and have fun.

looks like SGV ;)

nice fish!

Awesome, good stuff man! I was at the MLK tourney also but unfortunately didn't break the 2lb class;). So since that fish got 3rd I'd assume you are in for the masters?

Quote Originally Posted by OC ANGLER View Post
    Awesome, good stuff man! I was at the MLK tourney also but unfortunately didn't break the 2lb class;). So since that fish got 3rd I'd assume you are in for the masters?
    Yeh I'm extremely excited but nervous cause the MLK tourney was my first tournament so I'm not very experienced. And the masters event is a big stage.. Lol

Just have fun and enjoy being out there.

I know that spot. In the summer it sucks walking back to your car. Pm me and I will tell another one place you can find trout but you have to pay to park.

Congrats on the successful outings but u really need to practice your handling skills, unless your changing your name to JBfishkiller...NEVER stick your fingers down the fishs mouth or gills unless you plan on taking it home. These small streams you like to fish is a resource you must respect and protect, not something to abuse just so you can get a picture and internet notoriety. If hes not photogenic, don't force the issue...and since you mentioned your inexperience, one more critical C&R tip would be to ALWAYS wet your hands before touching the fish in order to minimize the loss of their protective slime coat.

Live and learn or better yet, learn so the fish can live!!!

When you write longer reports, I suggest using something like Microsoft word and then copy and paste

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast