Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lnl 2-10-13

Default Lnl 2-10-13

Arrived at the lake with my buddy about 615 paid fees and got rental boat and fishing by 640 in the flats. Got 2 fish pretty quick on white head pink worm. I thought it was going to real short day after that but it wasn't. Shore was pretty empty til about 830-9. After that people starting showing up. A coupe boats and some tubers were out and that was it. My friend managed his one and only fish about 830 on orange worm green head and it was quite for us after that for awhile. I could hear the tube guys talking to each other that had fish finders saying that were marking fish everywhere but we couldn't get them. We tried a couple other spots in the flats with no luck until about 1230. We tried one last spot in the flats a little further back and decided to try to wait it out for an afternoon bite or go home from there. I picked 1 about 130 on white and pink again and 1 on chart. p/b with some of the fury mixed in. I left that thing out there soaking for a long time. Got another 2 on white head with chart. worm and we called it a day about 230. As I was reeling in my last fish it was raining pretty good for a couple minutes. So I ended with 6 and my friend 1. Good to have a bite back at LNL thats for sure.

Thanks for the report and the detail of what colors were working.

Any fly fishermen out there? They were killing it when I was there on Thursday. Also, how were shore fishermen doing? I've been avoiding shore fishing there as its been tough, but last thur it looked ok.
    Was wondering if the shore bite was still happening.....

The only shore people I noticed catching more than 1 fish was under that big tree in I'm not sure if its zone 2 or 3. I didn't see anyone catch by the launch ramp. I heard commotion coming from zone 1 a couple times towards the end of the day. There were a couple fly guys that I saw catch a few. The tubers that were drifting the power worms did the best. Right before my last 2 a tuber drifted right in front of me and got a double hook up. That was fun to watch.
    I would say the advantage went to the people on the water or at least yesterday.