Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: pyramid and castaic skunk

Default pyramid and castaic skunk

Took my son and nephew first to pyramid and then to castaic and ended up with not one but 2 skunks..water at pyramid was real dirty.I told them that we'll getem next time

Where were u fishin at, boat, shore? what were you targeting and set ups using? as for the 2day skunk, thats fishin, but you gotta keep at em, im sure youll get into some real soon. goodluck & thanks for report.
    Last edited by Fishbones; 02-10-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Man bones is right,gotta keep at em,at pyramd from shore i fish the bridge with a small green jig ,or by the spillway with white hair jig,,lots of htes

Thanks..next time gonna target those stripers at castaic

fresh dines & blood worms.. bait bites a little slow but there around.

Thanks for the tips..thinking we gonna rent a boat and head out to Elizabeth cnyn or by the buoy line

the bite on fresh dines at pyramid was ok. I was from a boat on Sunday. However, even fresh dines, casted from the bridge area should have yielded an ok result as Mid just got stocked on trout, so the stripers are chasing the trout.

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    the bite on fresh dines at pyramid was ok. I was from a boat on Sunday. However, even fresh dines, casted from the bridge area should have yielded an ok result as Mid just got stocked on trout, so the stripers are chasing the trout.
    how many fish did you catch?

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    how many fish did you catch?
    I was close to getting skunked for the day, lost my anchor as it was wedged good and the sheriff needed to help me break it free. I ended up with i think 8 between my friend and I. I caught them drifting. Was lucky as a school passed by and it was all action in 1 hour.

In a boat i go to the bouy line ,anchor,cut an anchovy,throw over bouyline no weight,,pow ,,pow pow...