Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silverwood lake report

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    I'm surprised that the water in Silverwood is colder than at Pyramid. I thought Silverwood, being higher in elevation, would be colder.
    Say what? You have just confused the crap out of me. Did you mean Pyramid is colder than Silverwood? I would say it depends on where/when the water temp is taken and at what depth.

Default Silverwood

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Been hovering around 51 at the launch ramp but other spots colder, not a surface temp either. But it's been a couple weeks so who knows maybe 52 now.
    I went out yesterday. Absolutely beautiful!

Confirmed water temps around 46 degrees. Trolled all day and only 4 lmb. Wrong kind! Couldn't find the shallow jail birds.

It was a little cold, but by all means I was not dressed for summer so it was not uncomfortable!

Pretty funny seeing two coyotes humping on the side of the road on the way up.
    I wish I could have taken a pic. A once in a lifetime sight.

Btw... Good job getting on fish.

Here's a beautiful postcard pic I took!

Quote Originally Posted by mikesocean View Post
    I went out yesterday. Absolutely beautiful!

Confirmed water temps around 46 degrees. Trolled all day and only 4 lmb. Wrong kind! Couldn't find the shallow jail birds.

It was a little cold, but by all means I was not dressed for summer so it was not uncomfortable!

Pretty funny seeing two coyotes humping on the side of the road on the way up.
    I wish I could have taken a pic. A once in a lifetime sight.

Btw... Good job getting on fish.
    Well it has been a couple weeks since I took it and we had that cold front chill everything down so not too surprised at 46. Where did you take the temp.?

I am not surprised at the coyote lov'n you saw, them suckers are everywhere along with Bob's at the Wood and they are all really acclimated it seems to people being around them.
    Last edited by seal; 02-11-2013 at 09:16 AM.

I was out on Sunday as well, it was nice up till about 2pm when I left it was getting a bit colder with the clouds and wind. I went looking for trout, but no luck. so I went looking for stripy, no fish where I usually get some on bait & wait, so I went after them T/O style. (well not exactly T/O style but as close as I can get to T/O,s Stripy killing style) and was able to knock the skunk off with this little guy. they are looking skinny.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	little stripy.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	39063

Mikesocean,
    did you get a different boat? that one didn't look like the one I seen you in when I was out with Bob a few months ago.

Seal,
    are you the guy in the camo painted kayak?

how the hell do you get rid of the extra thumbnail?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	98 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	39062  
    Last edited by AZ.Kid; 02-11-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Hey Bob Joe has been outfishing me all year, but not last Sat!
    My largest fish this year is just under 7Lbs, Joe caught three fish larger that that in one day last week!
    He is good, but I beat him on Sat! Sweet VICTORY!
    He also spends at least 2 to 3 times as many hours on the water as I do.
    Someone has to work for a living around here.

See Ya on the water Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ.Kid View Post
    Seal,
    are you the guy in the camo painted kayak?

how the hell do you get rid of the extra thumbnail?
    Nope I have an olive Ascend SOT.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Well it has been a couple weeks since I took it and we had that cold front chill everything down so not too surprised at 46. Where did you take the temp.?
    At the launch ramp

Quote Originally Posted by AZ.Kid View Post
    I was out on Sunday as well, it was nice up till about 2pm when I left it was getting a bit colder with the clouds and wind. I went looking for trout, but no luck. so I went looking for stripy, no fish where I usually get some on bait & wait, so I went after them T/O style. (well not exactly T/O style but as close as I can get to T/O,s Stripy killing style) and was able to knock the skunk off with this little guy. they are looking skinny.
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	112 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	39063

Mikesocean,
    did you get a different boat? that one didn't look like the one I seen you in when I was out with Bob a few months ago.
    Same boat, I just did a makeover. Were you the one in the Tracker?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12