Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Bear Lake Super Bowl Sunday Report! (Video)

Default HAHAHA, I love it

Quote Originally Posted by gamekiller View Post
    That's probably because you upload these videos showing them exactly where to fish and how to catch them...i mean really guy, what did u expect? "If you build it, they will come". Besides your youtube hits on powerbait fishing, lol, the internet can be a detrimental thing. Realize your not at a paylake and that most fish big bear for its seclusion and scenery. But with continued post like these with "x" videos marking the spot, you can only expect to see more people along with all their trash. If u want to upload instructional fishing videos go to a pay lake or county park where publicity will not affect such a pristine place. Although internet notoriety is what most seek, we must always respect the resource.

And before you think I'm all negativity, lemme say i have always enjoyed, utilized and appreciated your posts before the vids; and I'm not talking about tackle/rigging. But unfortunately, i believe that filming here; although serene and beautiful, will have a negative effect in the long run.

Congrats on the persistence needed for a successful day...its always nice to be fishing with the fam

HAHAHA Good chet

That's probably because you upload these videos showing them exactly where to fish and how to catch them...i mean really guy, what did u expect? "If you build it, they will come". Besides your youtube hits on powerbait fishing, lol, the internet can be a detrimental thing. Realize your not at a paylake and that most fish big bear for its seclusion and scenery. But with continued post like these with "x" videos marking the spot, you can only expect to see more people along with all their trash. If u want to upload instructional fishing videos go to a pay lake or county park where publicity will not affect such a pristine place. Although internet notoriety is what most seek, we must always respect the resource.

And before you think I'm all negativity, lemme say i have always enjoyed, utilized and appreciated your posts before the vids; and I'm not talking about tackle/rigging. But unfortunately, i believe that filming here; although serene and beautiful, will have a negative effect in the long run.

Congrats on the persistence needed for a successful day...its always nice to be fishing with the fam
    When ever I go by that place there is always ppl there fishing. So it is no secret. He just lost his spot up there to all the lurkers that our on here. That is why I blacked out my spot in bbl because I can not handle to many ppl.
    Last edited by bowler; 02-26-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Catch and release on powerbait? Not much chance of survival there. If I catch trout on pb, I only release when they are lip hooked and small.

However, most swallow and there is no point to releasing. They will die. So keep em and eat em.

I use a single hook not a treble hook when I fish with pb.

I guess some people never change!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I guess some people never change!!!!!
    & the reason there are very few NEW reports on this site. I tried to address the asshats & bullies on here just to be told "its the internet" 4-5 years ago.
    Since then I have watched all the frequent flyers on here that post great content disappear as well as most NEW people.
    Look someone went back 3 years just to make a point.
    Remember when this site was the place to get a LOCALS reply to ALL Big Bear Lake posts ????
    This site has too many self righteous puritan hypocrites mixed in with some well hidden trolls. Admins should of been a lil more willing to shut down trolls & bullies because I sure miss posting ;)
    I hope everyone is enjoying the new Big Bear Section

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    & the reason there are very few NEW reports on this site. I tried to address the asshats & bullies on here just to be told "its the internet" 4-5 years ago.
    Since then I have watched all the frequent flyers on here that post great content disappear as well as most NEW people.
    Look someone went back 3 years just to make a point.
    Remember when this site was the place to get a LOCALS reply to ALL Big Bear Lake posts ????
    This site has too many self righteous puritan hypocrites mixed in with some well hidden trolls. Admins should of been a lil more willing to shut down trolls & bullies because I sure miss posting ;)
    I hope everyone is enjoying the new Big Bear Section
    Very nice post!!! It's sad when a fishermen posts a nice report or offering very helpful fishing information. Only to be meet by criticism from others who think they showed too much!!!! The joke of the matter is, "this is a fishing website" so when people talk about fishing their hated on!!!! Very Sad indeed!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-30-2016 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Very nice post!!! It's sad when a fishermen posts a nice report or offering very helpful fishing information. Only to be meet by criticism from others who think they showed too much!!!! The joke of the matter is, "this is a fishing website" so when people talk about fishing their hated on!!!! Very Sad indeed!!!!
    Thank You !
    i use to post regular almost daily reports on Big Bear but was just met with animosity and douche baggery about this that and the other. I didnt like it so I stopped posting and then I got sick.
    This was one of my last fishing trips of many while I lived there that I didnt post and I stopped contributing any info on BBL on the regular. I thought this site would be one of the greatest place on the interweb but turned out to be overrun with internet thugs trying to force feed their ideology.
    Four years later and look at just the SoCal section,,,,,, Little or no former members that embraced this site such a short time ago.
    Tight Lines
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_1546.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	48333  

Your kinda right Cameron. Tight lines, Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12