Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Bear Lake Super Bowl Sunday Report! (Video)

Default Big Bear Lake Super Bowl Sunday Report! (Video)

Headed up to Big Bear lake in the late morning since I brought the wife and daughter along. Arrived around 10 AM and the lake was calm and the sun was shining bright. Most of the ice has melted off the lake with just a patch along the south shore. I thought there would be lots of room for everyone to fish, but when I arrived to my usual spot it seems like everyone and their dog decided to go fishing Super Bowl Sunday. Anyways there was a nice big open spot for me where I usually like to fish anyways. Nothing was biting when I got there. I could hear everyone saying you should have been here this moring, they were really biting.

So apparently it is a morning bight right now.

Didin't get my first fish until afternoon but it was 19 inches. The fish turned on around 3:30pm and I caught 4 in a row. Ended up catching 6 rainbows, released two and missed 3 or 4 other hits. So not to bad for a slow start.

Check out my video report if you'd like, I explain exactly how I catch the fish as well on the video.

Calicanuck

Great video. I know that spot well. quick question what color power bait did they like the best that day?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bendo View Post
    Great video. I know that spot well. quick question what color power bait did they like the best that day?
    I'm not big into switching colors. I only use Rainbow glitter and Garlic powerbait with consistent results. Good Luck.

Calicanuck

Quote Originally Posted by Calicanuck View Post
    I thought there would be lots of room for everyone to fish, but when I arrived to my usual spot it seems like everyone and their dog decided to go fishing Super Bowl Sunday.
    That's probably because you upload these videos showing them exactly where to fish and how to catch them...i mean really guy, what did u expect? "If you build it, they will come". Besides your youtube hits on powerbait fishing, lol, the internet can be a detrimental thing. Realize your not at a paylake and that most fish big bear for its seclusion and scenery. But with continued post like these with "x" videos marking the spot, you can only expect to see more people along with all their trash. If u want to upload instructional fishing videos go to a pay lake or county park where publicity will not affect such a pristine place. Although internet notoriety is what most seek, we must always respect the resource.

And before you think I'm all negativity, lemme say i have always enjoyed, utilized and appreciated your posts before the vids; and I'm not talking about tackle/rigging. But unfortunately, i believe that filming here; although serene and beautiful, will have a negative effect in the long run.

Congrats on the persistence needed for a successful day...its always nice to be fishing with the fam

Quote Originally Posted by gamekiller View Post
    That's probably because you upload these videos showing them exactly where to fish and how to catch them...i mean really guy, what did u expect? "If you build it, they will come". Besides your youtube hits on powerbait fishing, lol, the internet can be a detrimental thing. Realize your not at a paylake and that most fish big bear for its seclusion and scenery. But with continued post like these with "x" videos marking the spot, you can only expect to see more people along with all their trash. If u want to upload instructional fishing videos go to a pay lake or county park where publicity will not affect such a pristine place. Although internet notoriety is what most seek, we must always respect the resource.

And before you think I'm all negativity, lemme say i have always enjoyed, utilized and appreciated your posts before the vids; and I'm not talking about tackle/rigging. But unfortunately, i believe that filming here; although serene and beautiful, will have a negative effect in the long run.

Congrats on the persistence needed for a successful day...its always nice to be fishing with the fam
    your annoying man. please please please just shut up. thanks and goodnight

Quote Originally Posted by Jbfish View Post
    your annoying man. please please please just shut up. thanks and goodnight
    Soooo are you mad or still embarrassed that i had to post that picture showing you what jigs are? Or was it the explanation that fishing a d/s powerworm is NOT considered jigging. Your welcome btw...

Instead of responding on YOUR thread, you attempt to jack this one. You didn't even have the decency to comment on the original subject matter, you just came at me....childish.

Whats annoying is the picture of you smiling away like nothings wrong, while your finger is knuckle deep down a native trout mouth, before the release. More annoying is you getting defensive and asking for an explanation of something that is common sense.

Whats annoying is all your FAQ's. Maybe instead of trying to help YOU out and answer them, i should have just wrote FAQ. I was nothing but informative and helpful in your post, so slow your roll as i refer you to the latter portion of my last sentence.

Apologies for the jack CC, just wish these knuckleheads would use their heads to think more instead of just a place to sit on.
    Last edited by gamekiller; 02-25-2013 at 03:39 AM.

I know where that place is I drove by it yesterday but it was to windy to fish there. So I went to my secret place where my wife go a nice 2lbs trout.

I's sorry for being a detriment to your secret fishing spot. I don't know if you've noticed but there is already a ton of info about Big Bear Lake all over the internet. People often ask me how to catch fish up there because they have a hard time catching anything when they go. I hope they can use the help to catch a few fish and not feel it was a waste of time. Hope you don't mind the extra company.

More videos to come. I was just up ice fishing Caples and Red lake in Northern Cali this weekend.

Gamekiller, you complain about people posting videos/reports on fishing websites on a site where reports/videos are meant to be uploaded??? I just don't understand the logic behind your bitching. It is sad that this site has become a place where guys are actually attacked for posting reports. If viewing Calicanuck's video or reading another posted report causes one parent to be encouraged to take his/her child fishing I consider it a huge success. Go back to living your miserable life Gamekiller.
    Last edited by chappy23us; 02-26-2013 at 08:49 AM.

Great vid! I hope to get my kids out there sometime soon to share in my fishing experiences as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Calicanuck View Post
    Ended up catching 6 rainbows, released two and missed 3 or 4 other hits. So not to bad for a slow start.
    FYI...there are some members that might disagree with releasing trout caught on powerbait.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...-4-6-4-8/page2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast