Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SWAT Challenge - Mission Accomplished!!!

Congrats on the PB Daniel !
    DR

Congratulations- great story and pics, beautiful fish. Good things happen to those who work hard.

Speaking of working hard, I'm gonna try and skip out and catch something before the weather turns ugly! You've set a high bar, Master Daniel...

Well, well, well, another SWAT brother inducted. Welcome to the brotherhood Daniel.
    Man, the last few prospects have entered the club in grand fashion. Lucas (Mr_Dunev) with a big White Sea Bass, John (NT) with another nice WSB, Dan (SP Dan) with a Striper, Don (bachiboy), a lowly YFC, hahaha, just kidding Don, it counts! Now you get in with an absolute beauty of a Halibut. You not only shatter the minimum required length for the challenge, but you set a bar for the rest of the boys and girls to follow, nicely done.
    I'm sure Thien's induction fish will follow shortly, we're pulling for you buddy, you can do it!
    Hopefully I will see you guys at the SWAT gathering in a couple of weeks.

Good job finding the needle in the haystack!, a fish worthy of much praise. Am looking forward to shaking your hand on the gathering, and getting to rub elbows with da gang. I'm hoping we cover the area up here, and find some other players like that!. Mikey

AAAAAHHHH! Congratulations Dayner! When Thien texted me that you caught the 33”, I couldn’t believe it! I know how hard you guys have been fishing these past couple of times, and it finally paid off! She’s a real beauty. Thiens up next! Hopefully I can be there, now that I have my own pair of waders, woot woot!

Congratulations to you both for your invitation and SUPER congratulations to you for completing the challenge in elite fashion!

-Shallom

Who thnks winter fishng is tuff? Its for the diehards...good job ,,what a beast,,,

Quote Originally Posted by S_yang View Post
    AAAAAHHHH! Congratulations Dayner! When Thien texted me that you caught the 33”, I couldn’t believe it! I know how hard you guys have been fishing these past couple of times, and it finally paid off! She’s a real beauty. Thiens up next! Hopefully I can be there, now that I have my own pair of waders, woot woot!

Congratulations to you both for your invitation and SUPER congratulations to you for completing the challenge in elite fashion!

-Shallom
    Oh Dayner...... It looks like Thien has already got himself a new partner.
    If I remember correctly I met her once when she was disguised as a crack tossing supportive girlfriend and then Thien pulled out a 26" flattie and once when Thien pulled in a legal WSB.

Pssst..... She might be a sleeper cell anti SWAT spy or just Thien's good luck charm but......... Be careful brudda

-------<><
    Last edited by bones; 02-08-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Daniel,

First I've got to say Congratulations and Job well done!

Arthur sent out the notice with the two new prospects and I knew he had chosen two really good guys and both of you had expressed and shown a great desire to become a part of the S.W.A.T. Brotherhood. I was preparing myself for some fun reading both of your Quests for that fish that would be the one to give you the induction into S.W.A.T. Then last night I see your name at the top of the leaderboard with the biggest halibut for 2013! and now after reading your post I can see that you are one who sets his mind to a goal and gives it his all............Awesome read! and congratulations again!

I have noticed something in the last few "Mission Accomplished" posts that our S.W.A.T. Brothers have posted............There's nothing better than that "S.W.A.T. Mission Accomplished Smile" !

I'm now looking forward to the continuation of this Quest that started out as a partnership between Friends that I'm sure will continue until Thien completes his Mission in true S.W.A.T. style.

Congratulations again Daniel..........and welcome to the S.W.A.T. Brotherhood!

Daniel

That is the way to due it Bro pulling the rabbit out of the hat. And taking the S.W.A.T challenge leader board. We all have a mission now.
    Congratulations Daniel.
    Saltman..

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Daniel, completing the Challenge in just two short weeks and during the Wintertime too.
    All I can say is “Well done young man, well done!”

That is one heck of a Halibut for this time of year and the personal best fish puts you at the top of the S.W.A.T. Challenge Leader Board.
    Thanks for giving the rest of us something to chase.

When I got your text early yesterday morning, before I even looked at the pic, I knew something special has happened… and I was right.

I’ve been watching you and Thien for the past year and you two have come a long way. Both of you certainly have what it takes.

Congratulations and welcome to the “Brotherhood.”

Thien… your turn!
    Thank you Arthur. To be able to join the group that got both me and Thien started on surf fishing and chasing big fish with artificial lures is truly an honor! I know it's only been about a year since I started out but it feels so much longer than that! SWAT has taught me so much and I know i've still got so much to learn! Thanks for all the support and encouragement.. and also the lc's
    When I first saw the shadowy figure in the water, I couldn't believe my eyes! I saw what looked to be a monster halibut, but in the back of my mind I still had some doubt lol I feel truly blessed to have been able to catch that fish and it feels great to officially be a SWAT member
    See you soon at the gathering!

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    WTF? Seriously? That is a freakin BEAST! So that is what Daniel looks like with a smile! Seriously, it took some skunk sessions, hard work and perseverance but you did it! Funny thing was that because I couldn't be out there with you, I was checking all day for the report. Glad I waited because it was worth it. Seriously? Why am I so happy when YOU caught that monster! I am smiling ear-to-freakin ear!

Now, I don't know you guys too well, but I can read people. I know that even though you caught that beast, Thien likely did not have a thread of jealousy running through his body (ok, maybe just a little). That is why I like you guys--supportive, helpful, all around good peeps.

Thien, it's just a matter of time bro! You'll get yours real soon. He is patient with you, so if you are patient with Him, you will be rewarded!
    Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    I am so freakin excited for you that I re-read the report and am posting a second reply! What the what?!?!?

Be thankful for your wingman, the two of you act and behave like real brothers and it warms the heart!

As to the waxwing, I have tried that lure in the surf and because of the action (side to side swim), it fishes best at a mid-level, calmer tide.

Again, WOW! Great job out there!
    Thanks, Ken! Seeing your excitement has got me all excited again Lol I was going to write the report that same day, but I was going on no sleep and my nap ended up lasting longer than I had intended
    It's always nice to have people to share your fishing experiences with. I'm always happy seeing my friends catch fish even when I end up with the skunk! Just seeing a fish caught makes it all worthwhile for me
    Ken, we've only fished together once, but I really appreciate your friendship. Looking forward to fishing with you again soon bro!

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    To our newest S.W.A.T Member .... Daniel!

Daniel ...... did you have a fun time on your S.W.A.T. challenge ?? Ha ha ha! Can I get a ...... "heck yea"!!!

Daniel .... you have honed your fishing skills, you have fine tuned your gear and your techniques, you have learned to read the tidal conditions and you have learned the importance of when and where to fish. What is also equally important to catching quality fish like yours is ..... you have learned by keeping your bait wet and by putting in the time like you have, and by trusting one's own instincts like you have .... has prepared you for this opportunity to rendezvous with luck this day! (You know what I'm talking about!) You are one lucky son-of -a-gun Daniel! WTG! Could you rub off a bit of your luck in my direction!
    .... For Poseidon has definitely BLESSED you with a wonderful gift of HIS this day Sir!

I know this about you Daniel.......you have never fished so hard.... and with so much determination.... ever before in your life! ... Am I right??
    Last year ... Jan 14, I beached my entry fish into SWAT on my twelfth session out (my wingman was keepemlo- Stan). Man....I remember that I was experiencing all sorts of emotional feelings back then!
    And I can only guess what was going through your head as you pushed yourself forward through so many close encounters and sessions that didn't quite meet the S.W.A.T challenge!

"Congratulations Daniel"!......and welcome to our S.W.A.T. Brotherhood! You hung in there and we are all very proud of you and of your accomplishment Brotha!
    I am certain that you have even earned a BIG smile from Poseidon himself!

Wait! ... Still more congratulations...for your new PB 33" Halibut, for your entry into the S.W.A.T 30"+ Hali club and for your lead spot on the "S.W.A.T 2013 Leader Board"!
    I can't wait to read your report on your next PB Hali!

Thanx Brotha for the excellent read w/ pic's and for sharing your fantastic journey with all of us!
    PS....Wingnut Sir..........can we start greasing up the pig for Daniel's initiation ride?

SP Dan <"))><
    Did I have a fun time....? HECK YEA!! Lol
    I have to admit, after a series of slow sessions, I was beginning to think that this SWAT challenge might take a long long time.. but you really never know what's going to happen on any given day
    I do feel truly blessed to have been able to land a 33" hali as my initiation fish, but there are still many more fish to be caught!
    This has been a very good year for me so far and I can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings.
    Dan, thank you for your warm welcome into the brotherhood!

Quote Originally Posted by connordoyle View Post
    Good lord. Way to go!
    Thanks connor!

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Daniel,

I just got home and finished dinner. Sat down and began to read your report and I can't stop smiling. As I went down the line reading my heart started to race as I felt like I was standing right next to the two of you. It is even sweeter because your right hand man was there to witness and help you secure the enemy for a quick photo session and release thereby respecting the SWAT creed to ALWAYS release your PB halibut. To find such a beautiful halibut that was willing to play in the middle of winter is a feat in itself and to land her in that spot is just as difficult.
    You have set the bar for 2013 for not only all of the SWAT team and most of the socal halibut hunters this year so far. This is something you should be very proud of.

Impressive my friend..... Very impressive! Great write up and pics too!

Welcome to the SWAT brotherhood.We are glad to have you aboard and Ill see you and Thien very soon.......CHEERS!

P.S.
    I would retire that bait if I was you!
    Thanks Mike! I had visions of one day joining the 30" club.. I can't believe it happened for me that day and as my qualifying fish to boot! I feel so lucky to have been able to pull that fish out especially during this time of year!
    I appreciated the phone call that day. I think i'll have to take your advise and go after some piggy perch with my light gear. Time to put some more fish up on the leaderboard!
    That lc was one of the first lc's I ever purchased. It has served me well and has been retired. Now I get to buy a new one to replace it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Congrats! Beautiful fish. You could not have joined a better group of people!
    Thanks! I feel honored to have been able to join such a group!

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Congratulations and welcome to the club!!!
    An absolutely beautiful fish Daniel...
    When I got the picture from Arthur, I was at work...kinda, I was in the superintendants trailer and we were talking about....you guessed it, "Fishing"!
    I showed him the fish and he said, " Damn, that's a nice flatty. They get that big from the surf?"
    I just showed him the picture again...
    You pulled in your initiation fish quick, just ask John (NT) how long it took him... j/k John
    I look forward to seeing you up North and getting the story in person.
    Robert
    <><

Thien,
    Sometimes it's all about the "Wing Man".
    I remember when Arthur pulled in a 34"er and I had to get down and make sure his didn't get away that day...
    There have been many stories about the "Wing Man" and I think he should be honored by Budweiser.......
    REAL AMERICAN HERO!!!
    See you soon Bro,
    Robert
    <><
    Thanks Robert! I was lucky to have Thien there to help me land the fish smoothly. There were a couple of tense moments when the fish slipped Thien's tail grab but in the end everything played out nicely. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of his story when you next see him lol
    John may have taken awhile but it was well worth it as he ended his mission in grand fashion. My number one goal of the year is to land a legal wsb
    See you soon, Robert!

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    Congrats bro! That is impressive. You are now one of the elite of the surf! Now it is Thien's turn.
    Thanks 5150fishn!

Quote Originally Posted by manuel149 View Post
    Congratulations, on accomplishing your challenge with that monster of a fish.
    Looks like you went thru a lot of trenches and finally found you prize.
    Well deserved, Can’t wait for your report on your next legal as a SWAT member
    Can't wait till I get my next legal either spring's just around the corner Thanks manuel149!

Quote Originally Posted by troublehook View Post
    Dang, that is one hell of a fish. I haven't even got my first legal out of the surf yet.
    Great job on landing that monster and for making the swat crew, so jealous.
    Thanks Sokha! I feel like this will be a great year for you to land your legal. Don't worry, it'll happen

Quote Originally Posted by fish_sauce View Post
    Beautifully done, Daniel,

Thanks for the eye candy, and welcome to the brotherhood

Andrew
    Thanks Andrew!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbones View Post
    Congrats on the more than healthy flatty and swat membership.... workin the surf hard played off for you....next is a seabass??
    Thanks fishbones! I really hope so! lol That's be my number one goal of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Lightline View Post
    Congrats on the fish. Thanks for the report.

Did the fish stink with with a foul Odor?
    Thanks!
    Not that I could tell

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeat View Post
    Man, kudos on the catch, the release and the SWAT membership. Great week for you.
    Good job on fishing hard and getting it done, just a matter of time until Bloox8 follows you into the club, good luck Thien.
    Thanks Binh!

Quote Originally Posted by jinbow View Post
    Congratulations Daneil!
    That is a big, big halibut, and you even pulled it out during the winter time. My gosh, that is really impressive.
    You and Thein are two really determined fisherman, and well worth it. I hope Thein gets his big catch too.
    Looking forward to see more of these monstrous reports from you.

Thanks for sharing the picture and report. Again, congrats for the SWAT entrance.

Albert (jinbow)
    Thanks Albert! I know that Thien's more determined than ever now

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Welcome to the World of SWAT, just be careful about some Million dollar bet....

Nice Hali anytime of the year, let alone winter. Truth be told, my Yoda has told me, if your gonna catch one this time of year they will most likely be on the larger size. Well you proved that one right.
    Once again congrats and hopefully we see you in a couple weeks at the gathering.

WWO
    Thank you Bill! Looking forward to fishing with you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Way to go Daniel! Welcome to aboard. Like I PM'd you, that was a heck of a quick turnaround on that challenge...and just a little bit more of grand fashion than my induction fish.

Thien,
    Way to stick by his side and help out...done like a true sportsman and friend. Your fish will be coming soon, I'm sure.

Looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

Congrats!
    Don
    I was lucky that everything worked out that way See you soon, Don!

Quote Originally Posted by iLLest View Post
    Dude, what can I say that already hasnt been said?
    Amazing job out there bro. Congrats on not only reaching the target fish and length but destroying the requirements to join our brotherhood.
    A 33" halibut aint no joke, trust me, only a chosen few can say they have nailed a 30"+ hali. Ofcourse Mike doesnt count, he's on a whole other level lol.
    Im glad I was able to aid you in your journey, I too see something that Arthur sees in you guys and couldnt be happier for you.
    Once again Congrats and I'll see you on the sand soon.

Thien, get your butt out there boy, you got some catching up to do! hahaha. Good luck!
    Frank, if it wasn't for you I probably would have never hit that spot! Thanks again bro I owe you one! I hope one day I can be lucky enough to join Mike up in the 40" club lol

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post

Congrats on the PB Daniel !
    DR
    Lol Thanks DR!

Quote Originally Posted by vtaflyer View Post
    Congratulations- great story and pics, beautiful fish. Good things happen to those who work hard.

Speaking of working hard, I'm gonna try and skip out and catch something before the weather turns ugly! You've set a high bar, Master Daniel...
    Thank you for the kind words. I wish you the best of luck out there! It's a little cold but conditions looking better this week

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    Well, well, well, another SWAT brother inducted. Welcome to the brotherhood Daniel.
    Man, the last few prospects have entered the club in grand fashion. Lucas (Mr_Dunev) with a big White Sea Bass, John (NT) with another nice WSB, Dan (SP Dan) with a Striper, Don (bachiboy), a lowly YFC, hahaha, just kidding Don, it counts! Now you get in with an absolute beauty of a Halibut. You not only shatter the minimum required length for the challenge, but you set a bar for the rest of the boys and girls to follow, nicely done.
    I'm sure Thien's induction fish will follow shortly, we're pulling for you buddy, you can do it!
    Hopefully I will see you guys at the SWAT gathering in a couple of weeks.
    Thanks Phuong! Seems like Poseidon likes to bless the SWAT prospects with some nice fish See you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    Good job finding the needle in the haystack!, a fish worthy of much praise. Am looking forward to shaking your hand on the gathering, and getting to rub elbows with da gang. I'm hoping we cover the area up here, and find some other players like that!. Mikey
    Thanks Mikey! It will be my first time fishing that far north. I hope we get lucky with some more flatties

Quote Originally Posted by S_yang View Post

-Shallom
    Thanks Shallom! I feel honored that you saved your first post for me Looking forward to sharing some time on the sand with you now that you have some waders.

Quote Originally Posted by keepemlo View Post
    Who thnks winter fishng is tuff? Its for the diehards...good job ,,what a beast,,,
    It was pretty tough sometimes but well worth the effort I've witnessed plenty of wintertime beasts being caught to keep me going

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Oh Dayner...... It looks like Thien has already got himself a new partner.
    If I remember correctly I met her once when she was disguised as a crack tossing supportive girlfriend and then Thien pulled out a 26" flattie and once when Thien pulled in a legal WSB.

Pssst..... She might be a sleeper cell anti SWAT spy or just Thien's good luck charm but......... Be careful brudda

-------<><
    Lol I'll be sure to keep my eye on her
    Shallom's a fine angler and may just be the goodluck charm Thien needs to pull out another monster

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Daniel,

First I've got to say Congratulations and Job well done!

Arthur sent out the notice with the two new prospects and I knew he had chosen two really good guys and both of you had expressed and shown a great desire to become a part of the S.W.A.T. Brotherhood. I was preparing myself for some fun reading both of your Quests for that fish that would be the one to give you the induction into S.W.A.T. Then last night I see your name at the top of the leaderboard with the biggest halibut for 2013! and now after reading your post I can see that you are one who sets his mind to a goal and gives it his all............Awesome read! and congratulations again!

I have noticed something in the last few "Mission Accomplished" posts that our S.W.A.T. Brothers have posted............There's nothing better than that "S.W.A.T. Mission Accomplished Smile" !

I'm now looking forward to the continuation of this Quest that started out as a partnership between Friends that I'm sure will continue until Thien completes his Mission in true S.W.A.T. style.

Congratulations again Daniel..........and welcome to the S.W.A.T. Brotherhood!

Thank you Terry! I have to admit, that was one of the happiest fishing moments for me.. to have been officially inducted into SWAT and to have done it with a catch of a lifetime. It was a lot to handle and I couldn't stop grinning
    Thanks again for the warm welcome
    Last edited by dlmoo312; 02-09-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast