Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 2/3 Pre Super Bowl Session

Default 2/3 Pre Super Bowl Session

Well finally something to report about.

I went out mid day Friday on a rising tide to a local spot. I decided to leave the worms home and make it an exclusive LC day.
    Tried 2 different patterns and didnt get even a nibble. Maybe it was the beached seal driving them away ??So after 2 hrs. went home with the stripe.

Had the itch all day Saturday but I never made it out so I made plans to do a pre Super Bowl session.
    I hit an AO I have been wanting to try for a very long time now. Had wet feet by 6:45, I was the only angler there.
    This time I decided to use the crack to locate them then switch to the LC once I found them.
    Got my first BSP within half an hr. palm sized but the skunk is gone. Worked the same are for a while when I felt dead weight. I set the hook and my rod is bendo that’s when I think this is no BSP.
    He was about 10 feet away when I see the fin and I’m thinking my 6lb. leader is gonna snap. It was a real task tiring to beach him, he made a few runs in the skinny but finally got him in on the fourth try.
    Now it hit me, I just landed my first and surf PB 20” Bean. After a quick CPR I switched it up to the LC, got nothing more in that spot and I continued on for another stretch.
    I made it to the point where I had indicted as my return point and headed back, once I got back the spot where I got the bean, I went back to the crack and got 8 BSP the biggest @ 10”.
    Called it a day @ 10, went home and started on the ribs,mmm they were good.

Almost forgot to mention I got the shiat scared out of me. While working the LC I notice a huge fin come up within casting distance. I hurried out of the water to be safe and get a better
    look at whatever it was. It came up again and I saw its blow hole, it was a dolphin. I had never seen one that close. And before anyone asks no I didn’t try to catch it.

Keep those lines tight………

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bean tail.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	38947Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whole bean.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	38946
    Last edited by manuel149; 02-04-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Nice catch, bro! Im hopin to get one of those as well!!!

Not trying to hijack your thread, bro, but you mentioned dolphins, so I wanted to share some pics of dolphins I saw out there, too. I took these on the 1st. They were super close to the shore, chasing baitfish. You cant tell from the pic, but there were dozens of pelicans and gulls above them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7891.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	38962   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7892.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	38963   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7893.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	38964  
    Last edited by FishinElectrician; 02-04-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Congrats on the bean!
    I remember one time at Catalina island I ran into the water with my brother and about neck-high out I see what I thought were shark fins! We immediately swam and ran our @@#$ of the water and jumped on to dry land. I swear it was one of my scariest experiences in the water (and I have encountered huge bat rays, eels, jelly fish, and more). It turned out to be a dolphin... but I still didn't want to get in the water LOL

Thanks for the report
    Thien

Nice job getting that fat bean! Sounds like you had some nice action along with a little extra excitement.
    Thanks for the report!
    Don

Smile

That's a nice Winter Bean you caught there Manny. Congrats on the PB and new species.
    Wait until a 5 ft Leopard Shark brushes up against your leg in the surf... you'll make a warm spot really quick.

nice job on the bean i have yet to have the luck to catch one

Hi ya manuel149,

Congrat's Manny, on what looks to be by the photo a.... 20"+ Corbina.....and your new species.
    It has been explained to me ..... "that when you beach another Bean that is larger...it then becomes your (PB) personal best".
    Neither here nor there....that was a fine day of catching indeed Sir!
    I have a feeling that a PB is just around the corner for you!

Thanx for the fun read with pic's!

SP Dan <"))><

Nice job on the Bean. A fin close by will definately get your attention! Lol

Nice Corbina, those things fight awesome.
    Thanks for the report!

Congratulations landing a nice 20"er!!!
    I still havent hit that plateau.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Robert
    <><