Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 2/2 report from boat

Default 2/2 report from boat

My buddy and I couldn't get to lake until 9am so we were rushing hoping not miss a morning bite. So after we payed and got all squared away we ended up by the big white bouys at trout island and the flatts around 930. My first rod goes off as I am casting my 2nd out. Reel him real quick and throw it back out and another 15 minutes or so first rod goes off again . Shortly after my second rod goes off and that's 3 fairly quickly. My buddy finally got one on powerbait and I get a dink that I released to catch another day. It wasn't even noon yet and I was thinking this was going to be a short day but I want that lucky. Got real quiet at noon so we took a restroom break and trolled down to west shore for nothing and fished there for about 45 minutes for nothing so trolled back inside the flats past our first spot and stopped there for an hour. I got 2 sitting there and my buddy got 1. So we hit the troll again going all the way back into the flats and finally get one on the troll(my very first ever). We called it a day on that note. I ended up with 6 and my friend 2. I got 2 on white head pink body, 1 on wh/orange, 1 on wh/chart and 1 all white all drenched in bite-on garlic, and 1 troll. My buddy got his on a chart. P/b with fury shad.
    This is only my second time coming to Irvine this season and the first time a couple weeks back was just as good as this one. I will be making it a point to frequent Irvine more and the others less for the rest of the season.

Wow, 200+ views and no response! That is pathetic people. Anyway, great report. Glad you found some fish and now you know why many of us love the Vine!

way to get out and get on fish. You will learn to love the troll as I have. Nothing like going through a school and having multiple hookup with all lines out. Makes for a wild time indeed.

Sounds like a very stellar day indeed.

*shakkaa*

Sounds like a great day, I remember my first troll fish and it was at Irvine too way back when, you are using the hot colors and scent, great post Thanks!
    H4F

Sounds like a great day on the water, thanks for sharing the day and congrats on your virgin troll fish!

TD

Awesome! Great job out there. Sounds like a great day. How were the crowds?

It was pretty crowded. When we got our rental boat at 915ish there weren't that many left. the shore was pretty full at trout island around into the flats area. On the water it didn't feel that crowded with all the boats spread out all over. It's a good size lake and I give all you tubers credit for all your hard work. I have only tubed at LNL and that lake is pretty small. I just may have to try Irvine now.