Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2/1 Shore Report

Default 2/1 Shore Report

I'm sure to get a lot of people upset with this report, but I'm only reporting facts

Fished the west shore from 8-2. As I hiked to my spot, I passed approximately 40 shore anglers. Saw 5 fish on stringers.

Over the next 6 hours, I saw a fish caught by others here and there. I got skunked. The fish I saw caught and on stringers were ALL under 2 pounds, no fight whatsoever. The stringer next to me had the fish dead on their stringer within 15 minutes of putting it on them. I even heard them saying, "Wow, these fish are dying fast."

As I hiked back at 2, I saw many upset and skunked people. Saw a few fish on stringers here and there. Nothing to note.

Sad day at Irvine.

Dude , I dont know which lake you were at but look @ Big Countrys report and the responces ..They were slaying em...You gotta be on a boat ...Its so shallow from shore u gotta cast 100yds ...But what do I know i fish Bass there ;)

Quote Originally Posted by whopperstopper View Post
    Dude , I dont know which lake you were at but look @ Big Countrys report and the responces ..They were slaying em...You gotta be on a boat ...Its so shallow from shore u gotta cast 100yds ...But what do I know i fish Bass there ;)
    To be clear and concise to your points.

I was at Irvine shore fishing and it sucked.

Its called fishing for a reason, lol. Sorry to hear about the skunk. Hope you do well next time. Try the float tube tourney coming up. I think you float tube right?

*shakkaa*

Quote Originally Posted by FKNChristopH View Post
    Its called fishing for a reason, lol. Sorry to hear about the skunk. Hope you do well next time. Try the float tube tourney coming up. I think you float tube right?

*shakkaa*
    Yup ill be tubing next time. Due to a malfunction, I had to resort to shore fishing today.

Sorry to hear bout the skunk I went out there on my tube a lot and most time I limit out. Never caught anything big but those fish fight hard if you are on a tube. Maybe give it another try some time. There may not be as many trophy sized fish as in SARL and corona but I gotta say I enjoyed larger body of water and the beautiful nature!

Maybe you just suck at fishing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnsnowboard3 View Post
    To be clear and concise to your points.

I was at Irvine shore fishing and it sucked.
    Two of us were fishing the West Shore from a boat. Had our limits by noon. However, we saw 5 fishermen on the shoreline slamming them. 3 of them left at 9am because they had their limits. It was better fishing from the shoreline than from the boats at that time. It did die down around 10am but for those guys it went nuts. They were fishing the West Shore. Sorry you had a bad day, but from what I saw it was a pretty good day out there.

Wow what a dick!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by troutonly View Post
    maybe you just suck at fishing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnsnowboard3 View Post
    I'm sure to get a lot of people upset with this report, but I'm only reporting facts

Fished the west shore from 8-2. As I hiked to my spot, I passed approximately 40 shore anglers. Saw 5 fish on stringers.

Over the next 6 hours, I saw a fish caught by others here and there. I got skunked. The fish I saw caught and on stringers were ALL under 2 pounds, no fight whatsoever. The stringer next to me had the fish dead on their stringer within 15 minutes of putting it on them. I even heard them saying, "Wow, these fish are dying fast."

As I hiked back at 2, I saw many upset and skunked people. Saw a few fish on stringers here and there. Nothing to note.

Sad day at Irvine.
    Wow sorry to hear you had a skunk day. I've seen you fish before and I know you know what you are doing. It's why I will only fish from shore if I know the lake well.

Irvine Lake remains a mystery to me. I spent last season learning Laguna Niguel. Now I am pretty confident at SARL as well. Irvine with its size is another altogether,especially from shore.

Hope you have a great day next time!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast