Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Berkley Mice Tail

Default Berkley Mice Tail

I've read quite a bit about people having some good luck on the mice tails. I've only used them one time and was unsuccessful. I was wondering what the best way to use them would be. Drop shot, split shot, maybe just fishing them like you would pb but on a single hook? I'm mostly considering fishing SARL but if the method is different in other local lakes I would be glad to hear about that too. Thanks!

Carolina rig with 6-12 in leader. Use 2-4 lb test line. Use small mosquito hooks to make sure it floats. If it doesn't float, you probably won't get bit. Also use garlic scent. Whites, chartruse, and orange works well at sarl.

You can jig with them but remember that they float so you can also fish them just like pb. I usually use a 16 or 18 treble and hook the head onto 2 of the hooks and the third hook is visible. Just caught a 7.95 rainbow in the MLK tourney a couple weeks ago at the vine using a white head pink body mice tail. Good luck

Thanks guys, I think I will give it another shot on Friday. Maybe I will see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher2 View Post
    Thanks guys, I think I will give it another shot on Friday. Maybe I will see you there.
    Fish the irvine tourney this weekend! Gonna be fun

Is Corona having their tourney the same day?

Yep. Same day.

I use a an orange mice tail on a trebble hook an cover the remaining hooks with chuncky cheese Pb. I had a lot of success with this method.

Quote Originally Posted by shiromaguro88 View Post
    I use a an orange mice tail on a trebble hook an cover the remaining hooks with chuncky cheese Pb. I had a lot of success with this method.

What size treble hook do you use when rigging like this Shiromaguro?

Thats split shot with 2lb. If it gets slow u can jig it back. I did a comparison with my buddy fishing next to me using just power bait and me with the method described above. I had three trout to his zeroo. As soon as he attached the mice tail he started catching. On his first cast like a movie he got bit.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast