Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Peters canyon reservoir

Default Lakewood country club

Dude, OMG ! I was ran out of lakewood country club back in the 90's !!! Helicopters and all ! We would regroup at dennys and head back out. What was funny is that when the helicopters would show up, you would see all these other fisherman that you had no idea were even there !! Everyone running as if it was border wars ! Lol !

Stormcrow! How's it going? (Still killing the DVL bass?)

Anyhow, "the point he was making" that I was responding to was his far reaching argument that kids are resorting to drugs and tagging because reservoirs are made private and they're losing access to them. If you want to agree with his point, feel free. As an educator, I would think you'd be witnessing the erosion of "personal responsibility" first hand. I don't go blaming teachers when kids end up slamming heroin on Skid Row, and GoGreenz shouldn't be blaming "closed reservoirs" for the same outcome. The point he made that I was responding to was the justification that the closing of Peters Canyon Reservoir to fishermen has a direct effect of causing kids to resort to alternatives like writing "CHAKA" on the wall.

Rolling out cops to bust 'ninja' fishermen, I agree, is a waste of resources. But then again, so is rolling out cops to fender benders, or cops that take time out of their lives to write jay walking tickets, per your example. (But, isn't the fact mere fact that LEO has to be called out because of someone knowingly breaking a law not reason enough to blame the actual person breaking the law, and not putting the blame on "the system" since they knew what would happen?) If I see a No Trespassing sign, and I break in, you mean to tell me that everyone, including myself, get to blame "the system" because the cops had to get rolled out for a simple "No Trespassing" call and go on about wasted resources, and higher taxes? Society is pretty much blame free, then, especially when you can make arguments like the one I'm referring to.

(Incidentally, I've gotten a Jaywalking ticket when there was nobody on the road, thank you Burbank PD. Did it suck? Yeah, $100 fine. Did I complain? No. I knew what the repercussions would be when I took the risk. But I didn't have to reach for straws to justify why I Jaywalked. I didn't go on about how they could've been busting the crack head down the street and how tax payer money is being wasted.)

If the dude wants to jump in there, feel free, have a great time! I've done it, it's extremely rewarding. And the fact you're thumbing your nose at authority is an added bonus. But, if anything does go down, they should also accept personal responsibility for their actions instead of trying to justify their actions by saying kids will start slamming 8 balls because of closed reservoirs, ESPECIALLY when there are plenty of alternatives that don't require breaking the law. (And then to say that these alternatives are not the answer because they don't stock enough fish?) In any case, that particular type of mentality is becoming fairly common, and it's scary to think where it's headed.

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Long post.

tl;dr
    While I understand your argument and agree with various points, perhaps you should've left out your example of Lynn Lane as it cannot be used as a feasible comparison, and I can't believe others are pointing to it and nodding their heads.

Tulsa, Oklahoma...population 396.466.
    Los Angeles, CA...population 3,792,621.

If you're going to try to compare 2 areas, make sure they have similar demographics, or else the comparison becomes a moot point. (Although I would love to see something like Lynn Lane placed in the middle of LA, with unrestricted public access, and watch hilarity ensue.)

So has anybody jumped in yet? I have the sudden urge to join a gang if i don't get onto some WFO ninja fishing ASAP.

Dark you are right about that...and as for DVL Bass, I havent had a good day there in nearly 1.5 years. At least nothing to qualify as "killing them" I've been practicing how to fish deep even when there is a better shallow bite. I may hire Pete Marino just for a lesson or two.

Quote Originally Posted by gogreeenz4 View Post
    Happy Friday Darkshadow :)
    Happy Tuesday, GoGreenz4.

:-)

5. Default

Zombie Post:

Few photos of Peters Canyon I recently took. Looking quite low and dry:

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Zombie Post:

Few photos of Peters Canyon I recently took. Looking quite low and dry:

All these closed reservoirs lead to kids joining gangs.

Where is the outrage.

;-)

Eh even if it were allowed, there's not really much other than bullheads, stunted sunfish, and a few 1-3 lb bass.. You're literally better off at a park lake.

I go here to collect scorpions and tarantulas occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    Eh even if it were allowed, there's not really much other than bullheads, stunted sunfish, and a few 1-3 lb bass.. You're literally better off at a park lake.

I go here to collect scorpions and tarantulas occasionally.
    ....and to fish. How else would you know what's in there?

It seems that nobody has addressed this part of the problem to opening it up to fishermen.
    There's no end of idiots that will inevitably leave their trash everywhere, net (poach) every living thing they can and ruin it for everyone else. This requires maintenance and who's paying for that? It's privately owned.
    I live right next to Peter's Canyon and thought about fishing it on several occasions, but am too old to be running from anyone, much less the popo.
    The lake looks like a goner these days though. With the continuing drought. Not much left to fish before long.

Took this pic todayClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	46910Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	46910, so no fish even if they ever did have some there

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast