Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Peters canyon reservoir

I guess our politicians and police would rather the youth do drugs and go spray paint walls instead of catch and release fish.. a hey you cant fish here you need to leave would work great but we have to ticket people instead i guess to pay for all these fat pigs who care more about people fishing then actually stopping real crime..F**cking California gotta love it!! And the stocking has been such a joke lately at city parks we have to go to reseviors to find fish..

We used to sneak in back in the early 80's. Just had to hide from the man in the white truck. Could see him coming from a long ways. Topwater poppers would get hammered all day. They were indeed the golden olden days.
    I would not risk the ticket now. NOT worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by gogreeenz4 View Post
    I guess our politicians and police would rather the youth do drugs and go spray paint walls instead of catch and release fish.. a hey you cant fish here you need to leave would work great but we have to ticket people instead i guess to pay for all these fat pigs who care more about people fishing then actually stopping real crime..F**cking California gotta love it!! And the stocking has been such a joke lately at city parks we have to go to reseviors to find fish..
    So, you're essentially saying there is a direct correlation between kids doing drugs and spray painting walls just because an area was deemed as private?

Sheesh, apparently driving to Irvine Lake, which is a whopping 9000 feet away, isn't an option.

Instead, kids are smoking some fríos and spray painting their names on the wall just because Peters Canyon Reservoir is closed to the public. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobsterboy View Post
    We used to sneak in back in the early 80's. Just had to hide from the man in the white truck. Could see him coming from a long ways. Topwater poppers would get hammered all day. They were indeed the golden olden days.
    I would not risk the ticket now. NOT worth it.
    Yup, my older brother and I used to sneak in in the 70's and we always kept an eye out for the dust trails. Back then one didn't have to rely on darkness to get away with it. No matter what time of day or year you could count on sticking big pigs. Topwater or spinners worked all seasons.

Nowadays it would be foolish to attempt it, night or day...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    So, you're essentially saying there is a direct correlation between kids doing drugs and spray painting walls just because an area was deemed as private?

Sheesh, apparently driving to Irvine Lake, which is a whopping 9000 feet away, isn't an option.

Instead, kids are smoking some fríos and spray painting their names on the wall just because Peters Canyon Reservoir is closed to the public. Got it.
    yup thats exactly what im saying becuase peters canyon is closed to the public drugs and mischief is unstoppable.. but for real whats wrong with catch and release fishing any body of water?? no way should we be ticketed for it!

yup thats exactly what im saying becuase peters canyon is closed to the public drugs and mischief is unstoppable.. but for real whats wrong with catch and release fishing any body of water?? no way should we be ticketed for it!
    Thank you!!!!! Hahaha it's better thank kids sittin at home on their *** playing video games..

but for real whats wrong with catch and release fishing any body of water?? no way should we be ticketed for it!
    You're not being ticketed for fishing. You're not being ticketed for catch and releasing.

You're being ticketed for trespassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbfish View Post
    Hahaha it's better thank kids sittin at home on their *** playing video games..
    And can you tell me again why those kids can't visit another body of water where fishing is encouraged, e.g., Irvine or other countless city parks in the area?

Your argument would hold water if all bodies of water in Southern California were closed to the public.

Yea I certainly would rather my kid out running from Johnny Law than playing video games. Actually I almost think I mean that at least he'd be getting some excersize.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    You're not being ticketed for fishing. You're not being ticketed for catch and releasing.

You're being ticketed for trespassing.

And can you tell me again why those kids can't visit another body of water where fishing is encouraged, e.g., Irvine or other countless city parks in the area?

Your argument would hold water if all bodies of water in Southern California were closed to the public.
    They could go to city park lakes but the lack of stocking or should i say the joke they call stocking doesnt give people/first time kid fisherman much oppurtinty for fish and kids arent gonna get hooked on fishing without fish thats like taking them golfing and not hitting one ball a kid aint gonna dig that..irvine is great but it closes at 4 pm so if dad works a typical 9 to 5 irvine is out of the question not to mention the 25 buck charge..

what i am saying is all i hear about in the media is the youth causeing trouble, being obesse , Drug use blah blah blah well why dont you give the kids more places/oppurnitys to do other things then drugs/trouble and do things instead of stare at tv for 14 hours.

and yes they would ticket us for tresspassing but hikers,bikers,etc are in the same RECERATIONAL AREA as fisherman i mean this location is a place to get outdoors and do outdoor type of things with Kids/family why restrict the fishing...i am sorry DarkShadow i just wish the youth had more places to enjoy the outdoors/fishing..

They could go to city park lakes but the lack of stocking or should i say the joke they call stocking doesnt give people/first time kid fisherman much oppurtinty for fish and kids arent gonna get hooked on fishing without fish thats like taking them golfing and not hitting one ball a kid aint gonna dig that..irvine is great but it closes at 4 pm so if dad works a typical 9 to 5 irvine is out of the question not to mention the 25 buck charge..

what i am saying is all i hear about in the media is the youth causeing trouble, being obesse , Drug use blah blah blah well why dont you give the kids more places/oppurnitys to do other things then drugs/trouble and do things instead of stare at tv for 14 hours.

and yes they would ticket us for tresspassing but hikers,bikers,etc are in the same RECERATIONAL AREA as fisherman i mean this location is a place to get outdoors and do outdoor type of things with Kids/family why restrict the fishing...i am sorry DarkShadow i just wish the youth had more places to enjoy the outdoors/fishing..
    Ok now to get serious. Kids don't have enough activities these days? That's cause they don't get off there butt's pick up a ball and go outside. Southern California is full of activities, LEGAL ACTIVITIES! No outdoor activities in Southern California you are joking right? I fished the local holes of So Cal as a child, there are quite a few in the OC. Caught tons of panfish. But what that's not enough these days to get a kid hooked on fishing and the outdoors? Hiking trails everywhere unless you are stuck in the inner city without transportation and if that's the case it doesn't apply to your logic anyway, there are just not that many fishing holes in the concrete jungle.

You are making a very weak case. Most of the drug abuse, gangs, causing general chaos is due to parenting issues. You think lack of fishing holes is the cause of obesity also? Digging yourself a hole with your logic.

Southern California is full of outdoor opportunities without having to cause damage to property by cutting holes in fences or climbing fences or taxing our already stretched out law enforcement by making them respond to Ninja activities. Hell the ticket is waranted just because you are interrupting the police from more important activities. I'm not a joy killer or goody 2 shoes in any way shape or form but if your gonna play the game don't complain about the outcome, it's a part of the "game" and the revenue brought in by the Ninja's, that must not be that good cause they get caught, covers part of the expense of them having to chase kids (and some adults) around that are trespassing.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast